Zoll E Series Defibrillator
The Zoll E Series monitor-defibrillator was designed by professionals for professionals. No other full-featured monitor-defibrillator was designed specifically for the rigors of your EMS environment. No other defibrillator offers the configurable options of the E Series. Documentation is made easy when combined with data transfer options that take the “paper” away.
Zoll E Series Defibrillator Features
- ZOLL’s Real CPR Help, which measures chest compressions and rate and depth in real time, and provides visual and optional audible feedback. All CPR data can be recorded and reviewed using RescueNet Code Review software.
- See-Thru CPR, unique to ZOLL, which allows CPR artifact to be filtered, letting you see organized rhythms without pausing compressions.
- New innovative roll cage design and shape.
- EasyRead Tri-Mode Display™ screen for use in both pitch darkness or direct sunlight.
- A new Rapid Cable Deployment™ System for faster deployment.
- Built-in GPS clock, allowing users to synchronize dispatch, defibrillator, and intervention call times, improving overall data accuracy.
Zoll E Series Defibrillator Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 5.75” (14.6 cm)
- Width: 13.1” (33.3 cm)
- Depth: 10.5” (26.7 cm)
- Weight: 13.2 lbs (5.99 kg)
- Patient Connection: 3-lead, 5-lead or 12-lead ECG cable, paddles or MFE pads, selectable by front panel switch.
- Input Protection: Fully defibrillator protected. Special circuit prevents distortion of ECG by pacer pulse (Pacer version only.)
- Implanted Pacemaker Spike Display: Dedicated circuitry detects most implanted pacemaker spikes and provides standard display marker of spike on ECG trace.
- Bandwidth: 0.5-1 Hz (-3 dB) standard/0.05-150 Hz diagnostic 1 Hz – 21 Hz user-configurable.
- Lead Selection: Displayed on monitor.
- ECG Size: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3 cm/mV — displayed on monitor.
- Heart Rate: Digital display 0-300 bpm ±5%.
- Heart Rate Alarm: Screen icon indicates activated/deactivated status. User- selectable, tachycardia 60-280 bpm, bradycardia 20-100 bpm.
- 1 Volt ECG Out: 1.0 volt/cm of deflection on a strip chart recorder. < 25 ms delay from patient ECG input.
- Display Format: Non-fade moving bar display.
- SmartAlarmsTM: Beeper/voice prompts indicate shockable rhythm.
- Screen Type: High-resolution color liquid crystal display (LCD).
- Screen Size: 5.63 inches (14.3cm).
- Sweep Speed: 25 mm/sec.
- Viewing Time: 4 seconds.
- Channels: 2.
- Messages: Heart rate, lead/pads, alarm on/off, SpO2, EtCO2, AED functions and prompts, defibrillator test function, error corrections and faults, pacer functions (optional), code markers, alarm selection, and limits, delivered energy.
- Waveform: ZOLL Rectilinear Biphasic™.
- Charge Time: Less than 6 seconds with a new fully charged battery (first 15 charges to max energy). Depleted batteries will result in a longer defibrillator charge time.
- Energy Display: Monitor display indicates both selected and delivered energy.
- Multi-Function Electrode (MFE) Pads: Specifically designed anterior/posterior pre-gelled ZOLL stat•padz® MultiFunction Electrodes packaged in pairs.
- Built-In Defibrillator Tester: Provides verification of the defibrillator charging and discharging without removing paddles from storage wells or verification of unit configured with MultiFunction cable. Multi-Function Electrode Impedance.
- Measurement Range: 0-250 ohms ±10% or 5 ohms, whichever is greater.
Pacemaker (Pacer Version Only)
- Type: VVI demand; asynchronous (fixed rate) when used without ECG leads or in ASYNC pacing mode.
- Pulse: Rectilinear, constant current; 40 milliseconds ±2%; amplitude variable 0 to 140 mA ±5% or 5 mA, whichever is greater; digitally displayed on the monitor (increments or decrements by a value of 2 mA); rate variable from 30 to 180 ppm ±1.5% (increments or decrements by a value of 2 ppm).
- Output Protection: Fully defibrillator protected and isolated.
- Multi-Function Electrode (MFE) Pads: Specifically designed pre-gelled ZOLL stat•padz® Multi-Function Electrodes packaged in pairs.
- Paper: 80 mm thermal (grid width). 90 mm (paper width).
- Speed: 25 mm/sec.
- Annotations: Time, date, defib energy, heart rate, pacer output (pacer version only), QRS sync marker, ECG size, lead, alarm, defib test OK/Fail, analyze ECG, pads off, analysis halted, noisy ECG, shock advised, no shock advised, ECG too large, ECG too small and diagnostic bandwidth.
- Printing Method: High-resolution, thermal array print head.
- Printout Modes: Manual or automatic— user-configurable.
- On/Off Control: Front panel and paddle.
- Automatic Function: 15-second recording initiated by alarm activation or defibrillator discharge.
- “Attach pads,” “Check pads,” “Check patient,” “Stand clear,” “Press shock,” “No shock advised,” “Check pulse,” “Press analyze,” “If no pulse, perform CPR.”
- “Press analyze,” “Shock adv,” “No shock adv,” “Joules selected,” “Charging,” “Press shock,” “Check patient,” “If no pulse do CPR”.
PCMCIA Card Slots
- Accepts two standard series Type II Flash Cards, 2, 4, 16, and 32 MB: Fax modem card capability in slot 1, data cards in slot 2.
- Records continuous ECG and device data; optionally records digitally compressed audio data.
- Type: Sealed lead-acid, or Lithium-ion.
- Recharge Time:
- Sealed lead-acid: 4 hours or less with integral charger.
- Lithium-ion: 7 hours or less with an integral charger.
- Operating Time:
- Sealed lead-acid: For a new, fully-charged battery pack at 20°C; 40 discharges at maximum energy or 2.75 hours of continuous ECG monitoring, or 2.25 hours of continuous ECG monitoring/pacing at 60mA, 80 beats/min.
- Lithium-ion: 100 defibrillator discharges at maximum energy (200J), or 4.25 hours of continuous ECG monitoring, or 3.75 hours of continuous ECG monitoring/pacing at 60mA, 80 beats per minute.
- Additional parameters will effect operating time: consult the Operator’s Guide.
- Design Standards: Meets or exceeds UL 60601-1, AAMI DF-80, IEC 60601-2-4, EN 60601-2-25, and EN 60601-2-27.
- Patient Safety: All patient connections are electrically isolated.
- Environmental: Temperature: Operating: O°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F). Storage Temperature: -20°to 60°C (-4°F to 14°F).
- Note: The E Series device may not perform to specification when stored at the upper or lower extreme limits of storage temperature and immediately put into use.
- Humidity: 5 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing.
- Vibration: Mil-Std-810F, Minimum integrity test. Shock: IEC 68-2-27, 100 g 6 mS half sine. Operating pressure: 594 to 1060 mBar.
- Material Ingress: IP34 per EN 60601-1. Electromagnetic Compatibility.
- (EMC): CISPR 11 Class B – Radiated and Conducted Emissions, CISPR 11 Class A – Radiated and Conducted Emissions (dc input only).
- Electromagnetic Immunity: AAMI DF-80, IEC 61000-4-3 to 10V/m.
- Electrostatic Discharge: AAMI DF-80, IEC 61000-4-2.
- Conducted Susceptibility: IEC 6100-4-4,IEC 61000-4-5, IEC 6100-4-6.
- AC Power: Meets all IEC, UL and AAMI safety requirements.
- Options: Roll cage with cable management side pouches or soft case with side pouches.