Steris Reliance Vision Washer
Sterile processing departments are challenged with achieving higher productivity levels than ever before. As a result, Customers need a powerful washing and disinfection system that can process high volumes of medical devices, utensils, and delicate instruments quickly, efficiently, and safely. Customers also need a system that is simple to operate and maintain.
Introducing the Reliance Vision Single-chamber Washer/Disinfector, a total integrated washing solution from STERIS. Featuring the newest innovations in the single-chamber market, the Reliance Vision combines the latest technology with groundbreaking design to provide maximum throughput and unparalleled performance.
Steris Reliance Vision Washer Features
Introducing the Steris Reliance Vision Washer Single-chamber Washer/Disinfector, a total integrated washing solution from STERIS.
Productivity & Connectivity
- Faster, optimized cycles
- Touch screen, PC controls can interface with instrument tracking and OR scheduling
- Longer spray arms and outward spraying nozzles for improved coverage
- Large capacity for processing high volumes of medical devices, utensils and delicate instruments
- Improved drying system
- Integrated flow meters provide verification of chemistry injection rates, even down to the Prolystica® Ultra Concentrate levels
- Easy-to-clean spray arms; simple assembly
- Self-flushing centrifugal filter system prevents spray arms from clogging and helps minimize maintenance
- PC control is remote monitoring enabled allowing proactive/predictive repair for improved system uptime
- Racks are capable of lumen flushing
Steris Reliance Vision Washer Safety Features
- Ergonomic design enhances operator safety
- Immediate-level disinfection phase helps reduce the risk of infection for patients and staff
- Cool-touch handles on racks for safe handling of racks once they exit the washer
- Environmentally friendly system uses less water, detergent and utilities
Steris Reliance Vision Washer Specifications
- (W x H x D) 42″ x 80.75″ x 32″ (1067mm x 2051mm x 813mm)
- (W x H x D) 26.5″ x 26.25″ x 25.5″ (673mm x 667mm x 648mm)
- 31″ (787 mm) above the finished floor
Washer Has Two Vertical Airtight Sliding Doors
- Facilitates accessory rack or basket entering and exiting the chamber.
- Doors are automatically operated by pneumatic cylinders.
- Doors are made of double tempered glass to allow the operator to view the chamber interior with the doors closed and, while the cycle is in progress.
- The operator can safely touch the door.
The Access Panels Permit Easy Access
- Maintenance personnel gains access to the washer/ disinfector components for maintenance purposes.
- Allows the operator to print process time, date and washer/disinfector malfunction data.
- Specific information is printed from three modes:
- Cycle mode (cycle in process parameters and alarms)
- Service mode (washer/disinfector configuration values and setup)
- Supervisor mode (supervisors list and supervisor setup)
Chemical Injection Pumps
- Three pumps are included in the standard washer/disinfector with up to two additional chemical injection pumps (accessories) available if desired.
- The pumps are located in a separate room and connected to washer/ disinfector with up to 50’ (15 m) of piping.
- Pumps allow the use of the Prolystica Ultra Concentrate chemicals.
- Each ultra concentrated product is 10 times the concentration of a traditional product, therefore 10 times less chemical is injected to properly process the cycles.
- The peristaltic pumps automatically add a selected quantity of detergent.
- The pumps give the flexibility to wash with a neutral process, an enzyme process, a dual alkaline/enzyme and enzyme/neutralizer processor to vary the chemical used depending upon the load.
- One pump is dedicated to lubricant or rinses aid to be injected during the Thermal Rinse phase.
- Pumps automatically add:
- Ultra Concentrates: 1/40, 3/80, 1/20, 3/40 and 1/10 oz/gal (0.2 to 16 mL/L).
- Regular Chemicals: 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, 1/10, 1-1/2 and 2 oz/gal (0.2 to 16 mL/L).
- A low-level sensor is included to indicate when the detergent level in the container is low or when an insufficient chemical is available for the next cycle.
- The control monitors the volume of chemicals injected and indicates if this parameter meets specified criteria during all specific phases.
An Air Inlet Pre-filter and A High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filter:
- Located behind the upper access panel on the unload side of the washer/disinfector chamber.
- Incoming air passes through the HEPA filter to prevent any contamination of the load.
- Constructed of argon-welded 16-gauge #304 stainless steel (No. 4 finish).
- The chamber is of sanitary-type design for complete drainage.
- Some horizontal fixed surfaces are sloped, overlapping metal sheets are minimized to reduce hard-to-clean locations, round corners ease the self-cleaning of the sump.
- The bottom of the chamber is clear of any parts.
- The chamber includes a light on the chamber ceiling to illuminate the chamber interior.
A Removable Debris Screen
- Located in the chamber sump and can be accessed through the chamber load door for maintenance purposes.
- The debris screen prevents large debris from entering the piping system and pump.
- The screen is provided with a handle and is easily removed for cleaning under running water.
Rotary Spray Arm Assemblies
- Two are located in the chamber (one at the top and one at the bottom) and are positioned to reach all surfaces of the load.
- These redesigned rotary spray arm assemblies are easily assembled/disassembled and can be accessed through the chamber load door.
- The Total Coverage spray arm design provides a wider, more uniform area of coverage as compared to standard spray arms.
- The pump is an open impeller pump powered by a dual-speed motor to allow two ranges of flow rate/pressure.
- High pump speed provides the equivalent capacity of an 11.7 hp (8.7 kW) motor and low pump speed provides the equivalent capacity of a 2.95 hp (2.2 kW) motor.
- The Pump motor is a TEFC class H (totally enclosed fan cooled) motor, electropolished and of sanitary features and is equipped with overload protection and sealed bearings (not requiring periodic lubrication) with up to 100 psig (689 kPa) at the pump outlet.
- The pump is of 316L stainless steel construction.
Water Filtration System
- Includes a unique self-cleaning centrifugal filter.
- After the water passes through the sump filter (stopping larger debris and loose instrument parts) it continues through a centrifugal filter (removing smaller debris).
- The debris does not return to wash chamber or potentially plug spray arm assemblies and is automatically flushed the washer/disinfector between every cycle.
- (steam or electric) at the bottom of the chamber (sump) raises and maintains water temperature up to 180°F (82°C) during the Wash phase and up to 194°F (90°C) during the Thermal Rinse phase.
Double-walled Insulated Construction
- The construction reduces exterior heat loss and noise level (as low as 58.2 dB) to the work area.
A Vented System is Supplied
- Enabling chamber vapors to be exhausted to the building exhaust system through a 3.0″ (76 mm) OD vent connection located on top of the washer.
The Drying System
- Uniquely designed four-sided inflow drying pattern to produce a high-flow air curtain. This air-curtain provides broad, efficient, drying while using a combination of recycled and non-recycled air within the wash chamber.
- Air is manifold and circulated through the piping and accessory providing an energy efficient system ensuring a complete chamber air coverage.
- Fresh air is drawn through a HEPA filter.
- The drying system includes a 3 HP (2.2 kW) blower to remove vapor from the chamber prior to the doors opening.
- Three heater elements totaling 15.8 HP (11.8 kW) heat maintain chamber air temperature.
- Provided for weekly cleaning of the chamber, piping, and accessories.
- Decontamination cycle is programmed at the factory and cannot be modified by the operator.
Top Utility Connections Facilitate Installation
- All utilities (except drain connections) are connected on the top of the washer/disinfector.
IMPORTANT: STERIS does not intend, recommend or represent in any way that this Reliance Vision Single-Chamber Washer/ Disinfector be used for the terminal disinfection or sterilization of any regulated medical device. The Reliance Vision SingleChamber Washer/Disinfector is intended only to perform an initial step in the processing of soiled, reusable medical devices. If medical devices are contacting blood or compromised tissues, such devices must be terminally processed in accordance with the device manufacturer’s instructions and/or Good Hospital Practices before each use in human patients.
Once the cycle is selected, the washer/disinfector automatically processes the load through the following standard phases (when using Prolystica Ultra Concentrate):
- Pre-Wash phase – Cold or cold and hot water from building supply fills the chamber. The water is recirculated through the rotary spray arm assemblies for a selected time period. Water is drained upon phase completion. Up to four PreWash phases can be selected per customized cycle.
- Wash phase – Cold and/ or hot water from building supply fills the chamber while detergent is automatically added at the beginning of the phase. The phase solution is recirculated through the rotary spray arm assemblies for a selected time period. If heated water is selected, water is heated by steam or electric coil in the sump. The solution is drained upon phase completion. Up to four Wash phases can be selected per customized cycle. If the second stage is selected, cold and/ or hot water from the building supply fills the chamber at phase beginning. The load is washed for a selected time period (factory setting) with enzymatic cleaner-injected heated water (factory setting). After the selected time period, neutral detergent is injected while injected water is heated (factory-setting). Then, the load is washed for a selected time period with both chemicals. The solution is drained upon completion. Up to four Wash phases can be selected per customized cycle.
- Rinse phase – Hot or pure water from building supply fills the chamber. The phase solution is recirculated through the rotary spray arm assemblies for a selected time period to rinse load and to cool the chamber. The solution is drained upon completion. Up to four Rinse phases can be selected per customized cycle.
- Thermal Rinse phase – Hot or pure water from building supply fills the chamber. If needed, instrument lubricant or rinse aid is automatically added during the filling at phase beginning. This solution is recirculated through the rotary spray arm assemblies for a selected time period. Water is heated by steam or electric coil in the sump. Water can be heated from 180 to 194°F (82.2 to 90°C). The solution is drained upon completion. Only one Thermal Rinse phase can be selected per customized cycle.
- Drying phase – Air is recirculated through the accessories and the chamber while a portion is exhausted to the vent for a selected time period. Air is also directed through manifold racks for fast drying. Air can be heated at the LOW setpoint (180°F [82.2°C]) or at the HIGH setpoint (220°F [104.4°C]).
- Hot Water: 1/2″ NPT
- Cold Water: 1/2″ NPT
- Steam: 1/2″ NPT
- Air: 1/8″ NPT
- Ventilation: 3″ (76 mm) O.D.
- Drain: Recommended minimum 4″ (101 mm) floor sink with minimum 1-1/2″ (38 mm) drain outlet.
- Pure Water: 1/2″ NPT
- Condensate Return: 1/2″ NPT
- 200-208 V, 60 Hz, 3-Phase, 36 Amps
- 460-480 V, 60 Hz, 3-Phase, 17 Amps
- 380-415 V, 50 Hz, 3-Phase, 20 Amps
This Reliance Vision Single-Chamber Washer/Disinfector meets the applicable requirements of the following standards, as certified by UL:
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Standard UL 61010-1, Second Edition.
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) CAN/CSA-C22.2 N° 61010-1, Second Edition.
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) CAN/CSA-Z314.8-08, Third Edition.
Governing Directive for Affixing of CE Mark:
- Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC as amended by 2007/47/EC.
Standards applied to demonstrate conformity to directives:
- EN/IEC 61010-1, Second Edition; EN/IEC
- 61326-1, 2005; EN/IEC 61010-2-040: Second Edition;
- ISO 15883-1* 2006 Washer-Disinfectors – General requirements, terms, and definitions and tests;
- ISO 15883-2* 2006 Washer-Disinfectors – Requirements and tests for washers-disinfectors employing thermal disinfection for surgical instruments, anesthetic equipment, bowls, dishes, receivers, utensils, glassware, etc.
* When the Process Data Validation System (PDVS) or the Control Enhancement System is present.