Steris Amsco 7053L Washer
The AMSCO 7053L Single-Chamber Washer/Disinfector meets the demands for the highest-volume sterile processing departments. It is designed for cleaning and intermediate-level disinfection of soiled reusable utensils, trays, bedpans, and urinals. It can also be used for rubber and plastic goods, simple hard-surfaced rigid surgical instruments (such as forceps and clamps), and other similar and related articles found in healthcare facilities.
The AMSCO 7053L Washer/Disinfector powers away soils with STERIS’s exclusive Category 6 spray arm technology. Washer/disinfector is compliant with ANSI/AAMI ST15883-2 and ISO 15883-2 standards for thermal disinfection. Optional automation system minimizes handling time. The USB port enables simple methods for data management.
Steris Amsco 7053L Washer Features
- Productivity – 27-minute instrument cycle processes up to 15 DIN trays simultaneously
- Safe Operation – Easy to load racks minimize hands-on time with shelves that load from any side. Cool touch handles are staff-friendly
- Efficiency – Environmentally friendly design uses only 39.6 gallons of water per cycle
Steris Amsco 7053L Washer Specifications
- Exterior Dimensions: (W x H x D): 42 x 80-3/4 x 38” (1067 x 2051 x 965 mm)
- Chamber Dimensions: (W x H x D): 26-1/2 x 26-1/4 x 31.5” (673 x 667 x 800 mm)
- Load Height: 31” (787 mm) above finished floor
- Tray Size: (W x L x D): 10” x 21.25” x 3.75
Steris Amsco 7053L Washer Safety Features
- Vertical chamber doors are equipped with an obstruction sensor to detect any door obstruction.
- If the obstruction is present, the door automatically opens.
- The washer/disinfector is equipped with a safety lockout feature so a cycle cannot start unless the door is fully closed.
- If the door is opened during a cycle, all utility services to the chamber are shut off, and the cycle stops.
- Door interlock feature is provided to prevent cross-contamination.
- Door interlock feature allows only one door to be opened at a time whenever power is on.
- When the cycle is in process, door interlock prevents either door from being opened. Access to the load is then restricted.
- Safety stop pushbutton(s), one on the load and one on the unload side, automatically stop all unit operation when pressed.
- Building electrical supply disconnect switch must be used to shut off power to the unit before servicing.
Wash Chamber Construction
- Chamber is constructed of 16-gauge, 316L stainless steel (No. 4 finish), argon-welded and polished.
- Chamber is of sanitary-type design (horizontal fixed surfaces are sloped, overlapping metal sheets) for complete drain ability and to reduce hard-to-clean locations.
- Single-walled, insulated construction of the chamber exterior reduces heat loss and noise level to the work area.
- Rotary spray assemblies are positioned (one at top and one at bottom of the chamber, each measuring 24-3/8″ [620 mm] long) to reach all load surfaces. Spray assemblies are easily removable without tools to aid in cleaning and maintenance.
- Depending on the type of rack accessory in the chamber, manifold connector (located at bottom of chamber) automatically connects to accessory at start of each cycle.
- 3-W LED light, mounted within an explosion/vapor-proof enclosure, illuminates chamber interior.
- A 21% increase in chamber size allows you to reprocess up to 50 % more trays in an 8 hour day compared to the Vision® Single Chamber Washer/ Disinfector
- Allows for flexibility when reprocessing a wide range of surgical instruments with multiple rack configurations
- Full Coverage Spray Pattern combines our efficient cross pattern spray arm nozzles, impingement options, and dual speed pumps
- Innovative corner rack spray nozzles on each level ensure no area of the tray is missed
- Providing maximum coverage, longer spray arms with nozzles at a 45-degree angle ensure no area is left untouched
Pure Water Rinse Supply
- Available for custom cycles. Washer/Disinfector is equipped with Pure Water Stainless-Steel Supply Valve.
- Pure water from the facility is sprayed overload under pump pressure for 15 seconds (adjustable from 15 seconds to 15 minutes).
- Up to four Pure Water Rinse treatments can be selected per cycle with recirculated water.
- Pure water can also be used for thermal disinfection stage and is heated to 194°F (90°C) using either steam or electric heaters.
- Uses uniquely designed four-sided inflow drying pattern to produce a high-flow air curtain.
- Air curtain provides broad, efficient, drying within the wash chamber.
- Recycled and non-recycled air is manifold and circulated through piping and accessory providing energy-efficient system while ensuring complete chamber air coverage.
- Fresh air is drawn through a HEPA filter.
- Drying system includes a 3 hp (2.2 kW) blower, to remove vapor from the chamber prior to opening doors, and three electric heaters totaling 11.8 kW to heat and maintain chamber air temperature.
- Holds up to 15 standard size DIN trays
Drain Discharge Cool Down
- Ensures water drained at the end of each phase, from the chamber sump to the building drain system, does not exceed 140°F (60°C).
- If the water temperature in the sump is higher than 140°F (60°C), cold water is automatically added to reduce the temperature of the water discharged into the building drain system.
- Constructed of 316L stainless steel with 9.0 gal (34 L) capacity.
- Removable stainless-steel filter in chamber sump prevents debris from entering the pump and piping system.
- Heating coil (steam or electric) at the bottom of the wash chamber (sump) raises and maintains water temperature up to 185°F (85°C) during the Wash phase and up to 194°F (90°C) during the Thermal Rinse phase.
Steris Amsco 7053L Washer Chemical Injection Pumps
- Pumps are optimized to use Prolystica® Ultra Concentrate (PUC) chemicals. Each ultra-concentrated product is 10 times more concentrated than the equivalent traditional products; so,10 times less chemical is injected per cycle.
- The Washer/Disinfector comes with one enzyme and one detergent injection peristaltic pump which automatically adds a selected quantity of chemical from 1/40 to 2 oz/gal (0.2 to 16 mL/L).
- Pumps give flexibility to dual wash combining PUC enzyme and PUC detergent.
- One injection peristaltic pump is dedicated to automatically add a selected quantity of lubricant during the Thermal Rinse phase.
- If desired, up to two additional chemical pumps can be added, giving the flexibility to wash with the neutral process, alkaline process, or to vary chemical used, depending on load type.
- Pumps are positioned near chemical containers. A low-level sensor is included to indicate when the detergent level in the container is low, or when an insufficient chemical is available for the next cycle.
- 100’ (30 m) extension tubes are included to pump chemicals from canisters installed in a remote location to the washer/ disinfector.
- Control monitors the volume of chemicals injected and indicates if this parameter meets specified criteria during all specific phases.
Microprocessor Control System
Equipped with a touch screen Customer interface. This 8.4″ (213 mm) color touch screen is mounted at eye level beside chamber door (both sides of unit) and tilted for better visibility, allowing easy monitoring of all wash cycles. Control system monitors and controls all phases of each programmed cycle.
- Service mode for preventive maintenance testing and to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Built-in service diagnostic program to permit system calibration and verification of component operations.
- Security lock-out feature that enables programs and temperatures to be locked and unchangeable without the proper access code.
- Cycle data is stored as protection against power disruption. Data may be downloaded from the controller using supplied USB ports.
- Permits operator to monitor current washer/disinfector status (including current chamber temperature, circulating pressure and time remaining in phase).
- Indicates any abnormal conditions (alarm).
- Equipped with an audible warning system.
- Cool touch handles allow for safe and immediate handling of loads following completion of each cycle
- All racks are conveniently designed for easy load and unload from all sides
- Access critical cycle parameters at any time using the USB port for downloading
- Increase staff confidence and safety with our intuitive LCD large touchscreen control panel which provides clear visibility and access to critical information
Governing Directive for the Affixing of the CE Mark:
- Medical devises Directive 93/42/EEC as amended by 2007/47/EC
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC Standards Applied to Demonstrate Conformity to the Directive:
- IEC 61010-1 Second Edition (2001), EN 61326-1, 2013, IEC 61326-1
Second Edition (July 2012) and IEC 61010-2-040:2005
- EN ISO 15883-1:2006, ANSI/AAMI ST15583-1:2009 and CAN/CSA
Z15883-1:2009 Washer-Disinfectors – General Requirements, Definitions, and Tests
- IEC 61010-1 Second Edition (2001), EN 61326-1, 2013, IEC 61326-1
- EN ISO 15883-2:2006, ANSI/AAMI ST15583-2:2013 and
CAN/CSA Z15883-2:2009 Requirements and Tests for
Washer-Disinfectors Employing Thermal Disinfection for
Surgical Instruments, Anesthesia Equipment, Holloware,
Utensils, Glassware, etc.
- CAN/CSA-Z314.8-2008: Decontamination of Reusable
As Certified by Intertek:
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1, Second Edition:2004
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-040 First Edition:2007
- UL 61010-1:2005