Steris Amsco 5052 Washer
The AMSCO 5052 Single-Chamber Washer/Disinfector is designed for use in the cleaning and intermediate-level disinfection of soiled reusable utensils, trays, bedpans, and urinals. It can also be used for rubber and plastic goods, simple hard-surfaced rigid surgical instruments (such as forceps and clamps) and other similar and related articles found in healthcare facilities.
Steris Amsco 5052 Washer Features
- Color touch screen microprocessor control system
- Audible warning system
- Space saving, power vertical sliding doors
- Eight factory-loaded cycles. Each cycle effective, fast and energy efficient. Each cycle may be customized (within the allowed range of parameters) to meet specific operating requirements
- Chamber illumination by long-life, energy efficient LED light
- Compact space saving footprint
- Conforms to seismic building code requirements
Steris Amsco 5052 Washer Specifications
- 42 x 80 x 31″ (1067 x 2032 x 787 mm)
Interior Chamber Dimensions
- 26-1/2 x 26-1/4 x 26″ (673 x 667 x 660 mm)
- 31″ (787 mm) above finished floor
- Hot, Cold and Pure Water; Steam; Condensate Return: 1/2″ NPT
- Air: 1/8″ NPT
- Ventilation: 3″ (76 mm) O.D.
- Drain: Recommended minimum 4″ (102 mm) floor drain. A 8 x 8″ (204 x 204 mm) floor sink is also recommended.
Steris Amsco 5052 Washer Safety Features
- Vertical chamber doors are equipped with an obstruction sensor to detect any door obstruction.
- If the obstruction is present, the door automatically opens.
- The washer/disinfector is equipped with a safety lockout feature so a cycle cannot start unless the door is fully closed. If the door is opened during a cycle, all utility services to the chamber are shut off, and the cycle stops.
- Door interlock feature is provided to prevent cross-contamination.
- Door interlock feature allows only one door to be opened at a time whenever power is on.
- When the cycle is in process, door an interlock prevents either door from being opened.
- Access to the load is then restricted.
- Safety stop pushbutton(s), one on the load and one on the unload side, automatically stop all unit operation when pressed.
- Building electrical supply disconnect switch must be used to shut off power to the unit before servicing.
- The washer has an Audible Warning System
Wash Chamber Construction
- Constructed of 16-gauge, #304 L stainless steel (No. 4 finish), argon-welded and polished.
- Chamber is of sanitary-type design (horizontal fixed surfaces are sloped, overlapping metal sheets) for complete drain ability and to reduce hard-to-clean locations.
- Single-walled, insulated construction of the chamber exterior reduces heat loss and noise level to the work area.
- Rotary spray assemblies are positioned (one at top and one at bottom of the chamber, each measuring 24-3/8″ [620 mm] long) to reach all the load surfaces.
- Spray assemblies are easily removable without tools to aid in cleaning and maintenance.
- Depending on the type of rack accessory in the chamber, the manifold connector automatically connects to accessory at start of each cycle.
- 3-W LED light, mounted within an explosion/vapor-proof enclosure, illuminates chamber interior.
- The drying system is manifold and circulates HEPA-filtered air through piping, accessories, and chamber for 1 to 60 minutes at low temperature (180°F [82°C]), or 1 to 30 minutes at high temperature (240°F [115°C]).
- The system includes a cold water condenser. Drying system includes a 3 hp (2.2 kW), blower and three electric heaters totaling 11.4 kW.
- System heats and maintains chamber to 180-240°F (82-115°C). No additional ductwork is required.
Pure Water Rinse Supply
- Washer/Disinfector is equipped with Pure Water Stainless-Steel Supply Valve.
- Pure water from the facility is sprayed over the load under pump pressure for 15 seconds (adjustable from 15 seconds to 15 minutes).
- Up to four Pure Water Rinse treatments can be selected per cycle with recirculated water.
- Pure water can also be used for thermal disinfection stage and is heated to 194°F (90°C) using either steam or electric heaters.
Drain Discharge Cool Down
- This feature assures water drained at the end of each phase, from the chamber sump to the building drain system, does not exceed 140°F (60°C).
- If the water temperature in the sump is higher than 140°F (60°C), cold water is automatically added to reduce the temperature of the water discharged into the building drain system.
- Constructed of #304 L stainless steel with 9.5 gal (36 L) capacity.
- Removable stainless-steel filter in chamber sump prevents debris from entering the pump and piping system.
Chemical Injection Pumps
- Pumps are optimized to use Prolystica® Ultra Concentrate chemicals. Each ultra-concentrated product is 10 times more concentrated than the equivalent traditional products; so, 10 times less the chemical is injected per cycle.
- The Washer/Disinfector comes with one enzyme and one detergent injection peristaltic pump which automatically adds a selected quantity of chemical from 1/40 to 2 oz/gal (0.2 to 16 mL/L).
- Pumps give flexibility to dual wash combining PUC enzyme and PUC detergent.
- One injection peristaltic pump is dedicated to automatically add a selected quantity of lubricant during the Thermal Rinse phase.
- If desired, up to two additional chemical pumps can be installed, giving the flexibility to wash with a neutral process, an alkaline process, or to vary chemical used, depending on load type.
- Pumps are positioned near chemical containers. A low-level sensor is included to indicate when the detergent level in the container is low, or when the insufficient chemical is available for the next cycle.
- 100’ (30 m) extension tubes are included to pump chemicals from canisters installed in a remote location to the washer/disinfector.
- Control monitors the volume of chemicals injected and indicates if this parameter meets specified criteria during all specific phases.
Microprocessor Control System
- Equipped with a touch screen Customer interface. This 5.7″ (145 mm) color touch screen is mounted at eye level beside chamber door (both sides of unit) and tilted for better visibility, allowing easy monitoring of all wash cycles.
- Control system monitors and controls all phases of each programmed cycle.
- Locking program cycle parameters with an access code.
- Service mode for preventive maintenance testing and to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Built-in service diagnostic program to permit system calibration and verification of component operations.
- Security lock-out feature that enables programs and temperatures to be locked and unchangeable without the proper access code.
- Cycle data is stored as protection against power disruption.
- Permits operator to monitor current washer/disinfector status (including current chamber temperature and time remaining in phase).
- Indicates any abnormal conditions (alarm).
- Equipped with an audible warning system.
Governing Directive for the Affixing of the CE Mark:
- Medical Devices Directive 2007/47/EC as amended by 93/42/EEC
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC
- EMC Directive 2004/108/EC – Class A, Group 1 ISM Equipment
Standards Applied to Meet Performance Requirements and Safety
- ISO 15883-1:2006, ANSI/AAMI ST15883-1:2009 and CAN/CSA Z15883-1:2009
- ISO 15883-2:2006, ANSI/AAMI ST15883-2: 2013 and CAN/CSAZ15883-2:2009
- IEC/EN 61010-2-040 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-040, 1st Edition
- UL 61010-1, IEC/EN 61010-1 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1, Second Edition