Steris Amsco 3052 Washer
The AMSCO 3052 Single-Chamber Washer/Disinfector is designed for use in the cleaning and intermediate-level disinfection of soiled reusable utensils, trays, bedpans, and urinals. It can also be used for rubber and plastic goods, simple hard-surfaced rigid surgical instruments (such as forceps and clamps), and other similar and related articles found in healthcare facilities. The AMSCO 3052 Washer/Disinfector powers away soils with STERIS’s exclusive Category 6 spray arm technology. The Washer/Disinfector is compliant with ANSI/AAMI ST15883-2 and ISO 15883-2 standards for thermal disinfection.
Steris Amsco 3052 Washer Features
- Productivity – Fast, 35-minute instrument cycle processes up to (6) trays simultaneously
- Flexibility – Multi-function, three-level rack provides maximum flexibility for processing a wide range of items per cycle
- Efficiency – Environmentally friendly design uses minimal utilities versus other washers in the same class
Steris Amsco 3052 Washer Specifications
- (H x W x D) 42 x 80 x 31” (1067 x 2032 x 787 mm)
Interior Chamber Dimensions
- (H x W x D) 26-1/2 x 26-1/4 x 26” (673 x 667 x 660 mm)
- 31” (787 mm) above finished floor
- Hot, Cold, and Pure Water; Steam; Condensate Return: 1/2 NPT
- Air: 1/8 NPT
- Ventilation: 3″ (7.6 cm) O.D.
- Drain: Recommended minimum 4″ (10.2 cm) floor drain. A 8 x 8″ (20.4 x 20.4 cm) floor sink is also recommended.
Steris Amsco 3052 Washer Safety Features
- Vertical chamber doors are equipped with an obstruction sensor to detect any door obstruction. If an obstruction is present the door automatically opens.
- The washer/disinfector is equipped with a safety lockout feature so a cycle cannot start unless the door is fully closed.
- Door interlock feature is provided to prevent cross-contamination. The door interlock feature allows only one door to be opened at a time whenever power is on.
- Safety stop pushbuttons, one on the load and one on the unload side, automatically stop all unit operation when pressed.
- Building electrical supply disconnect switch must be used to shut off power to the unit before servicing.
- The washer has an Audible Warning System
Wash Chamber Construction
- 16-gauge, #3-4 L stainless steel, argon-welded and polished.
- Chamber is of sanitary-type design (horizontal fixed surfaces are sloped, overlapping metal sheets) for complete drain ability and to reduce hard-to-clean locations.
- Single-walled, insulated construction of the chamber exterior reduces heat loss and noise level to the work area.
- Rotary spray assemblies are positioned at the top and the bottom of the chamber, each measuring 24-3/8″ (62 cm) long to reach all load surfaces, Spray assemblies are easily removable without tools to aid in cleaning and maintenance.
- 3-W LED light mounted within an explosion/vapor-proof enclosure, illuminates chamber interior.
- The drying system is a manifold and circulates HEPA-filtered air through piping, accessories, and chamber for 1 to 60 minutes at low temperatures of 108°F (82°C) or 1 to 30 minutes at a high temperature of 240°F (115°C).
- The system includes a cold water condenser.
- The system includes a 3hp (2.2 kW), blower and three electric heaters totaling 11.4kW.
- The system heats and maintains chamber to 180-240°F (82-115°C). No additional ductwork is required.
Pure Water Rinse Supply
- Washer/disinfector is equipped with Pure Water Stainless-Steel Supply Valve.
- Pure water from the facility is sprayed over the load under pump pressure for 15 seconds (adjustable from 15 seconds to 15 minutes.).
- Up to four Pure Water Rinse treatments can be selected per cycle with recirculated water.
- Pure water can be used for thermal disinfection stage and is heated to 194°F (90°C) using either steam or electric heaters.
Drain Discharge Cool Down
- This feature assures water drained at the end of each phase, from the chamber sump to the building drain system, does not exceed 140°F (60°C).
- If the water temperature in the sump is higher than 140°F (60°C), cold water is automatically added to reduce the temperature of the water discharged into the building drain system.
- Constructed of #304 L Stainless steel with 9.5 gals. (36 L) capacity.
- Removable stainless-steel filter in chamber sump prevents debris from entering the pump and piping system.
- The heating coil at the bottom of the wash chamber (sump) raises and maintains water temperature up to 180°F (82°C) during the Wash phase and up to 194°F (90°C) during the Thermal Rise phase.
Chemical Injection Pumps
- Pumps are optimized to use Prolystica Ultra Concentrate chemicals. Each ultra concentrated product is 10 times more concentrated than an equivalent traditional product; so 10 times less chemical is injected per cycle.
- The washer/disinfector comes with one enzyme and one detergent injection peristaltic pump which automatically add a selected quantity of chemical from 1/40 to 2oz/gal (0.2 to 16 mL/L)
- One injection peristaltic pump is dedicated to automatically add a selected quantity of lubricant during the Thermal Rise phase.
- Pumps are positioned near chemical containers.
Microprocessor Control System
- Equipped with a 5.7″ (14.5 cm) touch-screen customer interface that is mounted at eye level beside the chamber door on both sides of the unit.
- Locking program cycle parameters with an access code.
- Service mode for preventive maintenance testing and facilitate troubleshooting.
- Built-in service diagnostic program to permit system calibration and verification of component operations.
- Security lock-out feature that enables programs and temperatures to be locked and unchangeable without the proper access code.
- Equipped with an audible warning system.
Governing Directive for the Affixing of the CE Mark:
- Medical Devices Directive 2007/47/EC as amended by 93/42/EEC
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC
- EMC Directive 2004/108/EC – Class A, Group 1 ISM Equipment
Standards Applied to Meet Performance Requirements and Safety
- ISO 15883-1:2006, ANSI/AAMI ST15883-1:2009 and CAN/CSAZ15883-1:2009
- ISO 15883-2:2006, ANSI/AAMI ST15883-2: 2013 and CAN/CSAZ15883-2:2009
- IEC/EN 61010-2-040 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-040, 1st Edition