Steris Amsco 2532 Washer
The Steris Amsco 2532 is a single chamber washer and disinfector. It’s designed to support smaller CSSD’s and ambulatory surgery centers. The Steris 2532 utilizes a full coverage spray pattern with cross pattern spray nozzles to ensure complete coverage. This washer features a drop-down loading door that allows loading and unloading trays without the need of a transfer cart and an intuitive LCD touchscreen control panel which provides clear visibility and access to critical information.
The Steris Amsco 2532 is intended for use in the cleaning and intermediate-level disinfection of soiled reusable utensils, trays, glassware, rubber and plastic goods, anesthesia instruments, simple hard-surfaced rigid surgical instruments (such as forceps and clamps), and other similar items found in healthcare facilities.
Steris Amsco 2532 Washer Features
The Steris Amsco 2532 Washer is a single chamber washer and disinfector.
- Manual drop-down doors with interior and exterior glass to allow the operator to view the chamber
- Stainless-steel pump that provides circulation using a 3 HP motor
- Drains between rinses to minimize residue remaining on instruments
- Removable stainless-steel filter
- 3 Chemical injection pumps
- High-capacity air blower that delivers 240℉(116℃) of fresh air through unit piping. The fresh air is drawn through a HEPA filter
- 5.7″ (11.5cm) color touchscreen
- Color touch screen microprocessor control system
- Compact space saving footprint
- Effective, fast and energy efficient cycles
- Ability to flush up to six lumened instruments per load
Steris Amsco 2532 Washer Specifications
- Exterior Dimensions: (H x W x D) 28-1/2 x 78 x 28-1/2″ (724 x 1981 x 724 mm)
- Chamber Dimensions: (H x W x D) 25 x 25-1/2 x 25-1/4″ (635 x 648 x 642 mm)
- Load Height: 29-3/4” (75.6 cm) above finished floor
- Weight: 545 lb (247 kg)
- Hot Water: 1/2″ NPT
- Cold Water: 1/2″ NPT
- Ventilation: 4″ (10.2 cm) O.D.
- Drain: Recommended minimum 3″ (7.6 cm) drain outlet
- Pure Water: 1/2″ NPT
- 220 V, 60 Hz, 3-Phase, 50 Amp
- 380 V, 60 Hz, 3-Phase, 30 Amp
- 380-415 V, 50 Hz, 3-Phase, 30 Amp
- Type: LCD
- Size: 5.7″ (11.5 cm)
Manual Drop-down Doors:
- Constructed of double pane tempered glass to allow an operator to view chamber interior with doors closed.
- Interior glass is 1/4″ (6 mm) thick and exterior glass is approximately 1/8″ (3 mm) thick.
- Doors remain cool to touch while the cycle is in progress.
- Each door is mounted on a compressed seal that reduces heat loss and increases heating capability.
- Provides circulation using a 3 HP (2.2 kW) motor with up to 22 psig (151 kPa) at the pump outlet.
- The pump motor is equipped with overload protection and sealed bearings (requiring no periodic lubrication).
- Pump, spray system and all recirculating hard piping are of stainless-steel construction.
- Unit drains between rinses to minimize residue remaining on instruments.
- To help prevent bacterial contamination, unit drains completely between cycles.
- Equipped with rotary spray arms positioned to reach all load surfaces. Removable end-tips ensure easy spray arm cleaning and maintenance.
Electric Heating Element:
- (three 4 kW, 12 kW total) in the bottom of the chamber (sump) raise and maintain water temperature up to 180°F (82°C) during Wash cycle and up to 194°F (90°C) during Thermal Rinse cycle.
Removable Stainless-steel Filter:
- Chamber sump prevents debris from entering the pump.
- Constructed of argon-welded 20-gauge, #304 L, stainless steel (No. 4 finish).
- Chamber inhibits corrosive action of detergent and is easy to clean, with no enameled surfaces to chip or crack should an object be accidentally dropped in the chamber.
Chamber Cycle Times
- Cycle Time: 30 Minutes
- Rack Capacity: 6
- Cycles Per 8 Hour Day: 16
- Trays Per 8 Hour Day: 96
- Total Water Used Per Cycle: 21.2 Gallons (80.25 Liters)
Steris Amsco 2532 Washer Chemical Injection Pumps:
- Three pumps are located in the lower portion of washer /disinfector.
- Pumps allow the use of Prolystica® 2X Concentrate cleaning products.
- Each concentrated product is two times the concentration of a traditional product; therefore, two times less chemical is injected to properly process cycles.
- Peristaltic pumps automatically add 1/8 to 2 oz/gal (1.0 to 16 mL/L) of regular chemicals to the chamber.
- Pumps give the flexibility to wash cycle with a neutral process, an enzyme process, a dual alkaline/enzyme and enzyme/neutralizer processor to vary chemical used depending upon load.
- One pump is dedicated to the lubricant to be injected during Thermal Rinse phase.
- A low-level sensor is included to indicate when container detergent level is low or when an insufficient chemical is available for the next cycle.
- Control monitors the volume of chemicals injected and indicates if this parameter meets specified criteria during all specific phases.
High-capacity Air Blower:
- Delivers heated (240°F [116°C]) fresh air through unit piping and manifold rack to promote complete drying.
- Fresh air is drawn through a HEPA filter.
Microprocessor Control System:
Equipped with a touch screen Customer interface. This 5.7” (115 mm) color touch screen is mounted at eye level above chamber on the load side, allowing easy monitoring of all wash cycles. Control system monitors and controls all phases of each program cycle. Control system includes four factory pre-programmed and validated cycles (Instruments, Utensils, AutoSink Instruments, and AutoSink Utensils). Nine additional washing cycles may be programmed to meet extra Customer requirements.
Microprocessor Control System Features:
- Locking program cycle parameters with an access code.
- Service mode for preventive maintenance testing and to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Built-in service diagnostic program to permit system calibration and verification of component operations.
- Security lock-out feature that enables programs and temperatures to be locked and unchangeable without the proper access code.
- Cycle data is stored as protection against power disruption.
- Permits operator to monitor current washer /disinfector status (including current chamber temperature and time remaining in phase).
- Indicates any abnormal conditions (alarm).
- Equipped with an audible warning system.
Removable Front Service Panels:
- Provide easy access to all piping, valves, electrical components, and wiring.
- Servicing from sides of unit is not required.
A Vented Unit is Supplied:
- Chamber vapors are exhausted to the building exhaust system through a 4.0″ (102 mm) OD vent connection located on top of the washer.
Drain Discharge Cool Down:
- Ensures water drained at the end of each phase, from chamber sump to building drain system, does not exceed 140°F (60°C).
- If the water temperature in the sump is higher than 140°F (60°C), cold water is automatically added to reduce water temperature discharged into the building drain system.
Electrical Control Box:
- Fan cooled to extend components life expectancy.
- Supplied in English, Portuguese or Spanish as requested: incorporating display messages, printouts, manuals, and instructions. Other languages may be available on request.
Resistive Temperature Devices (RTD):
- Sense temperature inside the chamber.
- These signals converted into electrical impulses, provide accurate control inputs and readouts throughout the entire program.
- Individual temperature calibrations can be made by a trained service technician.
- Used to monitor chamber sump water level.
- If pressure switch and/or temperature sensor failure occurs, alarm sounds and message is printed.
- Produces an easy-to-read printed record of whether the load was properly processed at a preset temperature, as well as a complete list of alarm and abort in-cycle messages.
ADVISORY NOTE: We do not intend, recommend or represent in any way that this AMSCO 2532 Single-Chamber Washer/Disinfector (FH13) be used for the terminal disinfection or sterilization of any regulated medical device. These Washer/Disinfectors are intended only to perform an initial step in the reprocessing of
soiled, reusable medical devices. If medical devices contact blood or compromised tissues, such devices must be terminally reprocessed in accordance with current good hospital practices before each use in human patients.
Items to be cleaned are placed on an appropriate accessory manifold rack and pushed into chamber, automatically coupling with manifold solution transfer system. The operator closes the door. Once a program is selected and START is pressed, the unit proceeds through the treatment schedule and automatically shuts
off at cycle completion. A display message and audible alarm indicate the load is ready to be removed.
Instruments and Utensils cycles (developed and validated to provide a total cleaning solution by pairing advanced washing technology with Prolystica 2X Concentrate cleaning products) phases are as follows:
- Pre-Wash – Coldwater enters sump from building supply. Once the sump fills, pre-wash water is recirculated and sprayed over the load for the selected time interval. At phase completion, water is sent to the drain.
- Wash – Hot water enters sump from building supply and a selected amount of enzymatic cleaner is added. Once the water level is reached, the solution is recirculated and sprayed over the load. The solution is heated while recirculating. Once the set temperature is reached, the neutral detergent is injected. At phase completion, the solution is sent to the drain.
- Rinse – Hot water enters sump from building supply. Once the sump fills, rinse water is recirculated and sprayed over the load for a selected time interval. At phase completion, water is sent to the drain.
- Thermal Rinse – Pure water enters sump from building supply. If selected, instrument lubricant is added during this filling part of the phase. Rinse water is heated and maintained 180-194°F (82-90°C). Once the desired temperature is reached, the rinse water is recirculated and sprayed over the load for the selected time interval. At phase completion, water is sent to the drain. NOTE: For anesthesia goods only, the lowest Thermal Rinse temperature is 176°F (80°C)
- HEPA-Filtered Drying – Air is circulated through racks and chamber for a set time. Air is directed through racks for fast drying. Temperature is factory set but is adjustable: at LOW – 180°F (82°C); HIGH – 240°F (116°C).
Steris Amsco 2532 Washer SAFETY FEATURES:
- AMSCO 2532 Single-Chamber Washer/Disinfector (FH13) is equipped with a safety lockout feature so the program cannot start unless the door is fully closed.
- The door is mechanically interlocked during a cycle and cannot be opened until cycle completion.
- Customer must ensure washer/ disinfector stands on a noncombustible floor. (Floor should be level.)
- We recommend that shutoff valves and vacuum breakers (not provided) be installed on service lines, and that disconnect switches (with the lockout in OFF position; not provided) be installed in electric supply lines near the equipment.
- Unit operating weight: approximately 682 lb (310 kg). Unit weight: 545 lb (247 kg).
The washer/disinfector meets applicable requirements of the following standards:
Standards Applied to Demonstrate Conformity to the Directive:
- EN/IEC 61010-1: Second Edition; EN/IEC 61326-1:2005; EN/IEC 61010-2-040:2005
- EN ISO 15883-1:2006 Washer-Disinfectors – General Requirements, Definitions, and Tests
- EN ISO 15883-2:2006 Requirements and Tests for Washer- Disinfectors Employing Thermal Disinfection for Surgical Instruments, Anesthesia Equipment, Holloware, Utensils, Glassware, etc.