Rail Socket XL
The revolutionary Rail Socket XL snaps on at any rail location and fits all standard operating room table side rails (3/8″W x 1-1/8″H). This Clark socket accepts any round mounting posts up to 5/8″ D (1.6 cm) and rectangular mounting posts up to 1″ x 3/8″ (2.5 cm x .95 cm).
Rail Socket XL Features
The revolutionary Rail Socket XL snaps on at any rail location and fits all standard operating room table side rails (3/8″W x 1-1/8″H).
- These Clark Sockets are designed for a wide range of purposes; affixing most operating room table accessories to most OR table designs and brands
- Quickly and easily connects and disconnects securely with a quick turn anywhere along the side rail, even over side rail standoff
- The hardened clamping surface creates maximum clamping force stopping all movement of operating room accessories
- Patient weight capacity is 800 lbs (363 kg)
Rail Socket XL Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Length: 4” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 2.25” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 2.25” +/- 0.5”
- Device Weight: 1.5 +/- 0.5 lbs
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
We recommend becoming familiar with the features of this patient positioning device before using it with a patient. You should always practice its use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using it clinically.
Fits all standard operating room table side rails (3/8” W x 1-1/8” H). This Clark socket accepts any round mounting posts up to 5/8” in diameter and rectangular mounting posts up to 1” x 3/8”.
Attaching Clamp to the Operating Room Table
- Snap Rail Socket XL to the operating room side rail with the logo sticker side up
- Place round or flat post in the mounting hole
- Tighten the post by turning the handle clockwise until locked
Detaching Clamp from the Operating Room Table
- Turn the handle counterclockwise until the post is loosened
- Remove post from the socket
- Detach from the rail
- The intended use is to hold operating room accessories on an operating room table.
- Attaches to the rail of an operating room table at any point on the rail Single person installation
- Twist lock/release handle
- This product is not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- This device supports an 800 lb. proportional patient load (6’4” tall patient per 99% human body model)
- This product is maintenance-free, check the condition of the product each time before using it
- Life of device is five (5) years under normal use
- Storage of the device shall be between –4 °F to +86°F
- General – Used products or parts may be contaminated. To prevent potential infection, please clean and disinfect the product prior to disposing of it.
- Packaging – Packaging material can be disposed of via household waste in accordance with national requirement
- The product can also be disposed of in accordance with national requirement
Product Use Warnings
WARNING! The maximum load placed on the product may not exceed the appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 800 lbs. Restrictions resulting from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with low maximum load capacity. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
WARNING! Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Always follow the current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines to make sure the proper cleaning and disinfection procedure is followed.
Always follow the standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use the recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean the accessory.
Thoroughly read and follow the manufacturer’s directions for all cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from the accessory with disposable materials. Follow the appropriate biohazard waste disposal procedures.
- Remove the accessory and place it on a flat surface for cleaning.
- Use a ready-to-use detergent diluted as required by the manufacturer.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to the top, sides, and bottom.
- Wipe with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Wipe until all the moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from the accessory.
- Allow the accessory to dry.