Philips Veradius Unity C-Arm
The Philips Veradius Unity provides crucial guidance, high-quality images, and accurate positioning to help increase first-time-right results. The Philips Veradius Mobile C-arm increases confidence during complex vascular, cardiac, and orthopedic procedures. ClearGuide combined with color coding on the C-arm speeds up positioning making spinal surgery and other procedures that require frequent position changes more pleasant for clinicians.
The Philips Veradius Unity C-Arm is excellent in radiation dose management. The Veradius Unity C-Arm is perfect for minimally invasive procedures, such as endovascular repairs, performed using even smaller and more complex stents and other devices. The Veradius Unity is designed to meet these new challenges, providing distortion-free, high contrast imaging to support vascular image-guided interventions.
Philips Veradius Unity C-Arm Features
The Philips Veradius Unity C-Arm provides crucial guidance, high-quality images, and accurate positioning to help increase first-time-right results. The Philips Veradius Mobile C-arm increases confidence during complex vascular, cardiac, and orthopedic procedures. ClearGuide combined with color coding on the C-arm speeds up positioning making spinal surgery and other procedures that require frequent position changes more pleasant for clinicians.
The Unity C-Arm is excellent in radiation dose management. The Veradius Unity C-Arm is perfect for minimally invasive procedures, such as endovascular repairs, performed using even smaller and more complex stents and other devices. The Veradius Unity is designed to meet these new challenges, providing distortion-free, high contrast imaging to support vascular image-guided interventions.
- Provides outstanding visualization for endovascular repairs with high-quality fluoroscopy, DSA runs and roadmap guidance. Images have superb contrast thanks to a high dynamic range of the Flat Detector
- View dynamic transaortic aneurysm anatomy with sharp, high-quality images using pulsed exposure mode.
- Wireless foot switch
- Accurate repositioning with position memory
- DoseAware real-time dose feedback
- Less than 70 seconds system startup
- Incredible image quality
- Dual 19” color LCD Monitors
- Flat Detector
Top 10% Easy User Interface1
Transform your surgical procedures with tablet-like simplicity. Operators just touch the screen on the mobile C-arm to position the shutters and iris on Last Image Hold. High-level functions are clearly displayed. At each step you only see the features you need, making it easy to find the right selections.
Use the patented ClearGuide to cut miscommunication buy almost half2
ClearGuide and color coding on the C-arm provide a uniform reference for the operator and physician. Our user tests showed that communication about system positioning improved significantly when they used ClearGuide.1
The Position Memory feature can reduce repositioning time by up to 42%2
With Position Memory, you can store a previous position and recall it to speed up re-positioning. The system displays both the current position and the saved position, which guides the operator back to the exact projection required.
Increase confidence with superb image quality and excellent dose efficiency
To quantify the benefits of the Veradius Unity Mobile X-ray system in clinical practice, we put its novel design through a rigorous set of user tests. During the tests, 30 clinicians performed simulated procedures in a simulated OR environment. 80% of participants scored Veradius Unity as easier to use2.
Easy Patient Access
The shape of the C-arc provides ample room to easily access and image normal-sized and obese patients. There is plenty of space for the surgeon to work around patients. It is easy to position the C-arm, even for difficult projections.
Easy to Use2
Delivers consistent, undistorted edge-to-edge image quality and superb contrast resolution to support critical decisions. Take a high-resolution digital exposure to check device placement. Get sharp cardiac images at 30 frames per second.
Optional Simple Outlining
To easily mark a bifurcation or stent position on live fluoroscopy images, the Outlining tool allows you to draw on the touchscreen of the Mobile Viewing Station using a stylus pen or your finger. Press undo to correct.
See Metal Objects with Enhanced Imaging
Metal Correction can be applied during imaging to reduce artifacts such as orthopedic implants.. It adjusts the contrast and brightness of images to enhance image quality when metal objects are present in the field of view.
Manage Dose Efficiently
Now it’s even easier to select relevant acquisition settings at the touchscreen on the C-arm. These are automatically applied to get the required image quality for a specific procedure and anatomy with the appropriate presets.
Superb images and low exposure
A full range of radiation dose management features such as beam filters, monoblock design for sharp pulses, and removable grid enhance excellent dose efficiency.
1Referring to Sauro’s study results: Top 10% for ease of use is based on an average score of 83.5 on the System Usability Scale (SUS) by 15 users in an independent study, interacting with the C-arm software’s user interface. The SUS was developed by J.Sauro (See “A Practical Guide to the System Usability Scale: Background, Benchmarks, & Best Practices, “by J. Sauro, 2011, Denver, CO, USA, Measuring Usability LLC.) Sauro’s study tested the ease of use of 500 consumer and commercial products and did not necessarily include mobile surgery C-arms.
2Referring to the UseLab GmbH user test: Results obtained during user tests performed in November 2013 by Use-Lab GmbH, an independent company. The tests involved 30 USA-based clinicians (15 physicians teamed up with 15 nurses or X-ray technicians), who performed simulated procedures in a simulated OR environment. None of them had worked with a Philips C-arm or with each other before.
Philips Veradius Unity C-Arm Specifications
- Height: 66.4 – 85.7” (168.7 – 217.7 cm)
- Width: 32.1” (84.1 cm)
- Depth: 76.9 – 108.6” (195.6 – 275.8 cm)
- Weight: 757 lbs. (346 kg)
Mobile View Station Dimensions
- Height: 73.6” (186 cm)
- Width: 37.1” (94.3 cm)
- Depth: 27.6” (70.1 cm)
- Angulation: 140° rotation (+90/-50°) offers a maximum of projection flexibility
- Motorized height movement: 19.3” (49 cm)
- Longitudinal Movement: 7.0” (20 cm)
- Panning Movement (Swivel): ±10°
- Rotation: ±200°
- Lowest Lateral Position: 40.4” (201.7 cm)
- Source to Image Distance (SID): 39.1” (99.3 cm)
- Free Space in C-Arm: 30.4” (77.2 cm)
- C-Arm Depth: 29” (73 cm)
- Parallel Movement: Dedicated parallel movement with rear-wheel steering, for easy positioning along operating table.
- C-arm stand length: 77.2” (196 cm)
Mobile View Station Monitors
- Resolution: 1280 x 1024 pixels
- Maximum light output: 650 cd/m2
- Minimal Contrast Ratio: 1/400
- Contrast Ratio: >700:1
- Viewing Angle: 170° in the horizontal and vertical direction.
- Touchscreen: Offers easy access to post-processing of acquired images, patient demographics as well as PACS (left monitor)
- Monitors: Two 19” high-brightness color LCD monitors for diagnostic image quality display
- High tension transformer
- Frequency: 80 kHz
- Rotating Anode
- High-Power Geneartor
- Tube Type: Rotating Anode
- Nominal X-ray tube voltage: 120 kV
- Nominal focal spot values: 0.3 and 0.6 mm
- Max. Anode Heat Content: 315 kHU
- Max. Heat Dissipation: 73 kHU/min
- Cooling Method: Active oil-circulation cooling
- Inherent filter: 1.0 mm AI. equivalent
- Integrated Beam Filter: 3.0 mm Ai +0.1mm Cu
- Total Beam Filtration: 6.75 mm AI. eq
Opearting Values With Pulse Fluoroscopy
- kV range: 40-120 kV
- mA Peak Range: 1-60 mA
- Pulse Width: 5.6-44 ms
- Pulse Rate: 4-8-15-optional 30
Opearting Values With Exposure Runs
- kV Range: 40-120 kV
- mA Peak Range: 1-60 mA
- Pulse Width: 9.3 178 ms
- Pulse Rate: 4-8-15-optional 1-2-30
Opearting Values With Single Shot Exposure
- kV Range: 40-120 kV
- mA Peak Range: 2-125 mA
- Time Range: 100 and 165 ms
- Full lead shutters can be rotated and moved independently.
- Automatic Shutter Positioning (ASP) automatically positions shutters for optimal image quality.
- The Flat Detector Frees up valuable workspace around the patient during challenging procedures.
- The Integrated laser in the flat detector can be activated and deactivated at the touch of a button.
- 635 nm
- Max. Output: <5 mW
- IP Addressing: Static IP, DHCP
- Wireless Standards Supported: IEEE802.11a/b/g
- Numer of Antennas: 2 external
- User Configurable SSID Support: Up to 16 SSID, each with a unique mac address and configurable SSIDBroadcast.
- Number of Roaming Points Supported: 16
- Authentication Protocols: IEEE802.1xEAP-SIM, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-FAST, and PEAP (With a choice of AES, TKIP, and WEP encryption)
- Security: IEEE802.11i WPA2, WPA withAES or TKIP encryption.