Philips Respironics V60 BiPAP Ventilator
The Philips Respironics V60 Ventilator is an assist ventilator that is intended to augment patient breathing. It is intended for spontaneously breathing individuals who require mechanical ventilation. For example, patients with respiratory failure, chronic respiratory insufficiency, or obstructive sleep apnea in a hospital or other institutional setting under the direction of a physician. The Respironics V60 is intended to support pediatric patients weighing 44 lbs (20 kgs) or greater adult patients.
The Philips V60 Ventilator combines Respironics’ ventilation expertise with Philips’ focus on simplifying advanced health care. The result is the noninvasive ventilation gold standard with an invasive ventilation safety net and an interactive display that helps simplify patient management. Because every breath matters and every breath is different, patients need a ventilator that always follows their breathing pattern, whatever their acuity. The Respironics V60 uses auto-adaptive technology to help ensure patient synchrony and therapy acceptance. Improved signal processing technology is finely tuned for both adult and pediatric patients.
Philips Respironics V60 BiPAP Ventilator Features
- AVAPS maintains a target tidal volume in a pressure limited mode. It provides extra assurance similar to a volume limited mode with the safety of a pressure limited mode.
- CPAP with C-Flex offers three levels of flow-based expiratory pressure relief. This option leads to improved sleep quality and patient comfort, adding greater flexibility and improved treatment acceptance.
- PCV can be used when greater control of the patient’s breathing pattern is required. Additionally, the option of ventilating a patient invasively gives the caregiver greater flexibility in the approach to treatment.
- PPV (proportional pressure ventilation) delivers pressure and flow in proportion to the patient’s effort, enabling the patient to more efficiently adjust their breathing to meet their changing requirements. Proportional assist modes have been shown to lower peak pressures as compared to pressure support and may improve patient comfort. Patient comfort leads to therapy compliance, which may improve the success of noninvasive ventilation.
- Auto-Trak Plus, an optional software option available in the S/T, PC, AVAPS, and PPV modes, is for the subset of patients who may benefit from a customized titration of triggering and cycling criteria. In certain patients with extremely weak efforts or in others with low compliance, Auto-Trak Plus lets clinicians make finely-tuned adjustments to the base Auto-Trak algorithm to achieve patient-ventilator synchrony.
- CPAP – Continuous Positive Airway Pressure
- S/T – Spontaneous with Timed backup
- PCV – Pressure Control Ventilation
- AVAPS – Average Volume Assured Pressure Support
- PPV – Proportional Pressure Ventilation