Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump
The Medfusion 3500 Pump is an intuitive system designed to enhance safety while maintaining simplicity. For more than 15 years, the Medfusion Syringe platform has been the technology leader in syringe pumps with its innovations in syringe recognition, drug libraries, and dose limits. Support for up to 16 different care areas allows for transport of the Medfusion Syringe Pump into any department within the facility. As measured by the ISMP and other regulatory qualifications, the Medfusion Syringe Pump is truly a “smart” pump.
MedFusion 3500 Syringe Pump Features
The Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump is an intuitive system designed to enhance safety while maintaining simplicity. For more than 15 years, the Medfusion Syringe platform has been the technology leader in syringe pumps with its innovations in syringe recognition, drug libraries, and dose limits. Support for up to 16 different care areas allows for transport of the Medfusion Syringe Pump into any department within the facility. As measured by the ISMP and other regulatory qualifications, the Medfusion Syringe Pump is truly a “smart” pump.
- Easy to use
- MRI Compatible
- Up to 10 hours internal battery capacity
- Accepts all syringe sizes 1cc – 60cc.
- Mounts easily to an IV pole, an infant’s isolette or radiant warmer and rotation capabilitiesM
- Programmable Dose Limits
- Rapid Occlusion Detection
- Post-Occlusion Bolus Reduction
- Connectivity with Patient Data Management Systems
“Smart” Programmable Safety Limits and Recordable Event
- The Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump with ParmGuard medication Safety Software encourages simultaneous programmable hard and soft limits for dose, rate, weight, time and all modes of delivery (e.g., continuous, bolus and beginning loading doses).
- When exceeded, these safety limits alert the clinician and provide an electronic record of the event, which is then compiled in PharmGuard’s state-of-the-art reports.
- Programmable Dose Limits.
“Intelligent” Pressure Monitoring
- Experience breakthrough rapid occlusion detection technology with FlowSentry, a comprehensive array of pressure-related safety features.
- These include our most rapid alarm response time (less than five minutes at 1.0ml/hr with a 60cc syringe) and reduced false alarms.
- An enhanced graphics display of pressure trend allows earlier opportunities for clinical intervention, and a post-occlusion bolus reduction feature decreases post-occlusion bolus to less than 0.3ml. All this without the use of expensive dedicated disposable sets.
Ergonomic and Accessible
- A horizontal design protects the entire syringe barrel and allows effortless, single-handed loading of all syringe sizes.
- The large, bright screen with adjustable backlighting complements an intuitive hardware interface.
- Included is an innovative rotating pole mounted clamp to allow for flexibility in the orientation of your preference.
- The Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump imports and exports data as an integrated part of any patient data management system.
- An available communication accessory will allow the pump to communicate in multiple modes including IR and RSs232.
- These protocols may be adapted and customized to interface with your environment.
- Future upgrades to the current Medfusion platform will be addressing the hospital’s desire to integrate bar coding (onboard and network-based) in both wireless and wired networks.
- These enhanced capabilities improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the transmission of information throughout the facility and at the bedside.
Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Width: 10.5” (27cm)
- Height: 5.1” (13cm)
- Depth: 5.5” (14cm)
- Weight: 3.8 lbs (Pump Only); 1.7 kg
- Nominal ±2% excluding syringe variations
Flow Rate Ranges
- Dependent upon syringe size 0.01 ml/hr to 1130 ml/ hr
- ml/ hr
- Body Weight
- Volume Over Time
- Custom Dilution
- 13 OPTIONS Include
- Loading Dose
- Bolus Dose
- Volume Limit
- KVO Rate
User-Defined Delivery Libraries
- Four libraries with 16 profiles per library
- One library is “E-Plates” for optional rapid setup
- May be used in MRI rooms with static magnetic fields up to 150 gauss
- 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 30VA
- Internal Rechargeable Battery
- Optional External DC Input 6 to 14 VDC, 7 Watts
- Safety Class II – Type CF
Internal Battery Capacity
- At 25° C – 10 hours at 5.0 ml/hr with 60 ml Syringe With Fully Charged Battery
Additional Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump Features
The 3500 Infusion pump is known for its user-friendly easy-to-use ergonomic horizontal design. This ergonomic design allows for single-handed syringe loading onto the pump. The Medfusion pump delivers infusion volumes to a +/- 2% accuracy with a maximum delivery rate of 113 mL per hour. Built with clinicians in mind, this pump comes standard with PharmGuard Medication safety software. This software was created to help reduce programming errors by encouraging the use of drug libraries using soft and hard limits. FlowSentry is the pump pressure sensing technology to help with early clinical intervention. FlowSentry is a broad array of pressure-related safety features helping speed up rapid response time and reducing false alarms. The Model 3500 pump also detects various syringe types and sizes ranging from as small as 1 mL to as large as 60 mL. The auto-detectable syringe list can be updated to current syringe models from top syringe manufacturers. The pump can also be programmed to only allow specific syringe sizes and models for each drug program. The display features a high visibility display with Tallman lettering that shows the full drug name helping differentiate similarly named drugs. Data transfer and connections can be obtained using an infrared RS232 connection port. This port allows data to be downloaded and uploaded to a computer. This device can be attached and mounted on a cart or pole with a pole clamp.
Some fluids that can be administered are blood, blood products, lipids, drugs, antibiotics, enteral solutions, or other therapeutic fluids. They can be administered through the following routes; arterial, epidural, intravenous, intrathecal subcutaneous, and enteral. The wide range of infusion modes includes; continuous, volume/time, mass, bodyweight, intermittent, and bolus. This syringe pump is the perfect multi-solution syringe pump for a hospital or surgical center. The 3500 stores the last configuration for quick and easy setup. Recalling the last infusion settings reduces the setup and programming time. Any optional Volume Limit, KVO, Bolus Dose, or Loading Dose settings can be retained in the system settings when this feature is turned on.
Smiths 3500 infusion pump is also safe to use in an MRI environment. It is classified as an MR conditional. MR conditional devices will not present a hazard, risk to the patient, or risk to the magnetic resonance user. This syringe pump should not significantly affect the MR image quality if the pump is placed and operated correctly in this environment. In non-clinical testing, the Model 3500 showed no attraction force at 150 gausses static magnetic field strength. It is also important to note that the pump function normally at these levels. During this test, there was no MR imaging interference while the pump was 8 feet away while operating on battery power. Of course, all MRI systems are created differently in their scanning, systems, and receivers. To help minimize the possibility of image artifacts appearing in the MR image, ensure the back of the pump faces the MRI isocenter during operation. Be sure that the pump is operating on battery power, and if artifacts appear, more the pump further away.