GE Ohmeda Giraffe Incubator
The Giraffe is an enclosed neonatal intensive care microenvironment incubator with an innovative design and exceptional thermal performance that creates an unsurpassed healing environment for intensively ill infants.
The incubator has a centralized display/control unit providing accessibility from either side of the bed plus excellent viewing of all equipment and patient parameters.
The Patented Baby Susan™ rotating mattress allows the caregiver to rotate the bed 360° for easy patient access. Dual Access doors and portholes – allow access even when the bed is tilted 12°.
GE Ohmeda Giraffe Incubator Features
- Internally activated bed tilt is smooth and continuous through 0-12° in both Trendelenburg positions.
- Optional servo oxygen control system maintains an oxygen-enriched environment.
- Elevating base accommodates standing caregivers and seated family, even those seated in wheelchairs.
- In-bed scale with weight trending allows weights to be taken and trended without removing the baby. (Up to 14 weights stored).
- Helps relieve pressure points and preserves skin integrity while also improving clinical efficiency by reducing bedding expense.
GE Ohmeda Giraffe Incubator Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Maximum Height (bed raised): 70″ (178 cm)
- Minimum Height (bed lowered): 58″ (147 cm)
- Footprint: 45″ x 26″ (114 cm x 66 cm)
- Weight: 304 lbs (138 kg)
- Floor to Mattress Height: 32″ to 44″ (81 cm to 111 cm)
- Mattress Size: 26″ x 19″ (66 cm x 48 cm)
- Access Door Size: 11″ x 31″ (27 cm x 78 cm)
- Drawer Size: 19″ x 20″ (48 cm x 50 cm)
- Drawer Depth: 8″ (20 cm)
- Mattress tilt angle: 12°, continuously variable
- Microfilter: 0.5μ – 99.8% efficiency (3M FiltreteTM)
- Tubing access ports: 13
Electrical Power Requirements
- 9A @ 115V ~ 50/60 Hz
- 4.5A @ 220/230/240V ~ 50/60 Hz
- IEC 60601-1 (amendment 1 and 2)
- IEC 60601-1-2
- IEC 60601-2-19 (amendment 1)
- Federal Regulation 21 CFR CH-1 (4-1-92 Edition) Section 1020.3(n) – X-ray Attenuation
User Control Settings
- Baby (servo) temperature control: 35-37.5°C in 0.1° increments
- Air temperature control: 20-39°C in 0.1° increments
- Servo humidity control range: 30-95% relative humidity in 5% increments
- Alarm sound level: Adjustable audible levels
- Microprocessor-based control system: Self-test functions are performed at power-up and during normal operation
- Temperature variability and distribution: Exceeds IEC- 60601-2-19 incubator standard
- Patient measurement accuracy: ±0.3°C between 30° and 42°C
- Air Velocity: <10 cm/sec Whisper QuietTM Mode, measured 10 cm above the center of the mattress
- Sound level: <50 dBa Whisper QuietTM Mode closed bed, measured 10 cm above the center of the mattress
In-Bed Scale Performance
- Accuracy: ±10 g (0.35 oz)
- Range: 300 g to 8 kg (0.66 lbs to 17.6 lbs)
Servo Oxygen Control Performance
- Control Range: up to 65%
- Display Range: 0 to 99%
- Recovery Time: <10 minutes to 5% below set point after open door
- Alarms: ±3% from the set point
- Offset: ±5% average O2 to display Humidifier Performance
- Recovery Time: <15 minutes (typical) recovery to 75% RH with 39° C air set temperature
- Operating Time Between Refills: >12 hours @ 65% RH control setting in a 25°C / 50% RH ambient
- Reservoir Capacity: 1000 ml
- Accuracy: ±10% for settings up to 85%: minimum 75% for settings > 85%
- Temperature: 20 to 30° C
- Humidity: 10 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Air Velocity: Up to 0.3 m/sec
Storage and Shipping Information
- Temperature: -25° to 60° C
- Humidity: 0 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
Service and Maintenance
- Battery: 9V NiMH
- Recommended Calibration/ Preventative Maintenance Period: Annually