GE MAC 5500 EKG Machine
The GE MAC 5500 EKG Machine is designed to provide accurate information at the moment notice. This is so clinicians’ can deliver quality care to their patients. Built on GE innovation in EKG acquisition and analysis, the MAC 5500 Resting EKG System is a premier EKG system, delivering advanced disease management capacity through one of the industry-leading advanced networking and collections of algorithms. The MAC 5500 also meets the need for productivity across the industry, by empowering a wide range of users to precisely encapsulate, analyze, and communicate EKG data. This ensures the right data goes with the right patient to help reduce demographic, billing errors, and speed time to treatment.
Built on GE’s proven innovation in EKG acquisition and analysis, the MAC® 5500 is GE’s premier EKG system, delivering advanced disease management capabilities through its industry-leading collection of standards-setting algorithms and advanced networking.
The MAC 5500 system offers the sophistication required for advanced EKG applications, while its ease of use extends this level of performance to the broadest range of users possible. And, it’s part of the complete GE suite of networked, non-invasive testing solutions designed to maximize efficiency and productivity in hospitals, clinics, office-based practices, and research institutes.
GE MAC 5500 EKG Machine Features
The GE MAC 5500 EKG Machine is designed to provide accurate information at the moment notice. This is so clinicians’ can deliver quality care to their patients.
- The GE MAC 5500 EKG Machine incorporates new tools for EKG acquisition, enabling confident clinical decisions with a three-step solution that delivers on speed and accuracy.
- The MAC 5500 combines proven 12SL analysis with technology advancements to provide one of the most advanced EKG pacemaker detection systems available.
- Able to detect pacemaker pulses more accurately via a high sample rate, reducing the risk of treatment contraindicated for paced patients.
- Features advanced interpretation of paced rhythms via the Marquette 12SL program. The program can detect and report the underlying rhythm, increasing the breadth of decision support capabilities.
- Offers clear visualization and annotation of pacer pulses through MUSE v8 Cardiology Information System, which provides a dedicated pace-annotation channel. This helps to reduce the need to identify pacer pulses within the EKG signal, supporting efficient diagnosis.
- 12-/15-Lead High-End EKG System for Resting-ECG’s and Stress-Test
- Easy-to-use applications and features streamline productivity and workflow
- Advanced algorithms set the standard in ECG analysis and interpretation
- Improving Clinical Trial Workflow with CT Data Guard
- Multiple Network Capabilities (Ethernet and wireless)
- Internal Modem
- Barcode and magnetic card scanning options
- XML data export capabilities
- Internal Memory for 200 EKG’s, SD-card removable Media
- Easy updating via Option codes
- Seamless connectivity to the MUSE® cardiology information system speeds data storage and EKG retrieval
One of the most complete suites of analysis algorithms for advanced EKG applications.
The MAC 5500 system offers a comprehensive suite of EKG interpretation and clinically validated analysis programs. Its array of arrhythmia and chest pain tools allow you to address a wider range of disease management needs. Make more efficient treatment decisions. And use invasive tests more judiciously.
Our Marquette® EKG analysis programs are the preferred choice in a variety of care settings and industries, including hospitals, clinics, physician offices, and clinical research organizations (CROs).
- Marquette 12SLTM EKG analysis program for adults and pediatrics – the industry’s most thoroughly documented, simultaneous 12-lead EKG acquisition analysis program for uncompromising quality and reliability – remains your most clinically valuable second opinion.
- Simultaneous 15-lead acquisition, storage, and assessment provides additional ST measurements for the detection of changes that occur in some non-diagnostic 12-lead cases to facilitate the prompt detection of right ventricular and posterior MI.
- Marquette 12SL with ACI-TIPI (Acute Cardiac Ischemia Time-Insensitive Predictive Instrument) considers a patient’s age, gender, and chief complaint, as well as EKG measurements, to generate a numerical score that helps predict the probability of acute cardiac ischemia. This optional program provides important additional triage information for patients with chest pain.
- P-Wave Signal Averaging option for atrial arrhythmia assessment features a patented templating algorithm that enhances P-wave measurement accuracy.
- Hi-Res Late Potential Analysis option supports effective ventricular arrhythmia assessment, with an intuitive design that creates a practical, non-invasive alternative to involved invasive testing.
- Enhanced Pacemaker-Detection Software improves sensitivity to electronically paced hearts.
- Marquette Hookup AdvisorTM signal quality analysis program reviews and measures ECG waveforms for signs of artifact and interference, helping to eliminate poor waveform quality during the recording of EKGs.
- Serial EKG Comparisons, through the MUSE cardiology information system, leverages the Marquette 12SL EKG analysis program and analyzes both short- and long-term changes in patients’ EKGs.
Marquette 12SL with Gender-Specific Interpretation features criteria that help you more easily detect acute myocardial infarction (MI) in female patients, enhancing diagnostic confidence even among occasional readers of EKGs.
Innovative features streamline workflow and expand your capabilities.
Specifically designed to enhance your entire staff’s efficiency, the MAC 5500 system combines technological advances with ease-of-use features in one system.
- Digital CAM-14 module reduces noise and artifact for clearer EKG tracings.
- Large field-of-view display provides a clear view of the screen from any angle.
- Analog EKG output facilitates easy integration with other cardiac-diagnostic devices, such as echocardiography and nuclear medicine systems.
- Extensive customization – including the display and final-report formatting – accommodates individual user preferences.
- Stress option incorporates leading exercise-testing technologies. Signal acquisition advances help reduce baseline wander and ST-segment distortion to generate clearer, more defined EKGs.
- Barcode and magnetic card reader options help reduce errors by automating the input of patient data.
- Security protocols and user-configurable password protection provides security to assist you in addressing HIPAA requirements.
- Trolley design features a convenient holder for the acquisition module, ample writing surface area, wide bins, and a covered storage compartment.
- Compact system design offers easy mobility.
Taking the EKG workflow to the next level.
Full connectivity allows you to tap into the power of GE’s cardiology information system MUSE – for streamlined workflow and higher functionality. Networked access delivers improved efficiency and decision support.
- Access the computer EKG patient records immediately, any time of day or night, using the Remote Query option for more responsive patient care.
- Optional Ethernet and MobileLinkTM wireless capabilities permit bi-directional communication with the MUSE system. You can quickly retrieve, manage, and archive patient data – and reduce the potential for errors. Also helps meet ACC/AHA guidelines for time-to-cardiologist overread and time-to-treatment goals.
- Instantly access procedure requests and download patient demographic data from the Hospital Information System through the MUSE system. This functionality reduces time-consuming patient data entry and minimizes delays in procedure billing.
- Access EKG records from the clinic, office, or other remote facility using a standard modem for maximum decision-making efficiency.
- Secure digital memory card facilitates external archive capabilities and easy updating.
- Export and archive data in XML format for flexible, open communications.
MAC 5500 for CRO requirements
Easier regulatory compliance
Requiring minimal policies and procedures to meet compliance, MAC 5500 with optional CT Data Guard – coupled with the complete functionality of the MUSE – gives clinical research organizations (CROs) an advantage when linked with minimal standard operating procedures created by the organization.