GE Giraffe OmniBed Incubator
The GE Giraffe OmniBed is a richly-featured neonatal microenvironment that combines the thermal advantages of a double-walled incubator with the access advantages of an open bed radiant warmer. Conversion between an incubator and an open bed warmer happens in seconds with a touch of a button. In either open or closed bed operation, the OmniBed provides a precise microprocessor controlled thermal support.
Stress on the infant, staff, and family members is reduced by eliminating the need to transfer the baby between incubators and warmers. Less equipment is now required for caregiving, cleaning, service, and storage. The OmniBed pioneered developmentally appropriate features including the patented Baby Susan rotating mattress and internal bed tilt. The GE Giraffe OmniBed combines two traditional infant care products in one. A fully-featured incubator and a radiant warmer in one. Protects from heat loss while the bi-directional maintains thermal stability. An infant receives uniform heat regardless of position.
GE Giraffe OmniBed Incubator Features
- Incubator with an Air Curtain to protect from heat loss
- Radiant warmer that provides consistent heat in any position
- A consistent and controlled thermal environment
- Improved access to patient
- A less stressful environment for the patient and family
- No need to transfer a patient from incubator to infant warmer
- 360-degree rotating patient mattress
- Drop down removable doors and rotating bed provide easy access to the In-Bed scale
- Elevating base lowers for seated family members, yet elevates to accommodate taller caregivers or special procedures.
- Centralized display/control unit provides accessibility from either side of the bed plus excellent viewing of all equipment and patient parameters.
- Integrated trending for control settings, thermal parameters, and baby weight provides historical reference.
- The patented radiant warming system heats the entire extra large mattress evenly without warming the caregiver.
- The baby receives uniform radiant heat regardless of position, even during X-ray.
- Servo controlled humidifier provides humidity up to 95% RH.
- Optional servo oxygen control system maintains a precise oxygen environment from 21 to 65% in incubator mode and reacts quickly during closed bed interventions.
- In-bed scale with weight trending allows weights to be taken and trended without removing the baby. (Up to 14 weights stored)
- Giraffe Pressure Diffusing Mattress (PDM) is our most advanced development in neonatal mattress technology.
- Through a uniquely designed softer support surface, the Giraffe PDM helps relieve pressure points and preserves skin integrity while also improving clinical efficiency by reducing or eliminating bedding expenses.
GE Giraffe OmniBed Incubator Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Maximum Height:
- Canopy down: 70 in (177 cm)
- Canopy up: 94 in (238 cm)
- Minimum Height:
- Canopy down: 58 in (147 cm)
- Canopy up: 82 in (208 cm)
- Footprint: 45 in x 26 in (114 cm x 66 cm)
- Weight: 304 lbs (138 kg)
- Floor to Mattress Height: 32 in to 44 in (81 cm to 111 cm)
- Mattress Size: 26 in x 19 in (66 cm x 48 cm)
- Access Door Size: 9 in x 31 in (23 cm x 78 cm)
- Drawer Size: 19 in x 20 in (48 cm x 50 cm)
- Mattress Tilt Angle: 12,° continuously variable
- Microfilter: 0.5μ – 99.8% efficiency (3M Filtrete™)
- Tubing Access Ports: 8
Electrical Power Requirements
- 9A @ 115V ~ 50/60 Hz
- 4.5A @ 220/230/240V ~ 50/60 Hz
- Fuses: (2) T 3.15A, 250V (2) T 2A, 250V
- Fuses: (4) T3 – 15A 250V
- IEC 601-1, 1991
- IEC 601-1-2, 1993
- IEC 601-2-19 (Amendment 1)
- IEC 601-2-21 (Amendment 1)
- Federal Regulation 21 CFR CH-1 (4-1-92 Edition)
- Section 1020.3(n) – X-ray Attenuation
User Control Settings
- Baby (servo) Temperature Control: 35-37.5° C in 0.1° increments (Regulates baby temperature in both open and closed bed modes)
- Manual Radiant Power Control: 0-100% in 5% increments
- Air Temperature Control: 20-39° C in 0.1° increments
- Servo Humidity Control Range: 30-95% relative humidity in 5% increments
- Alarm Sound Level: Adjustable audible levels
- Microprocessor-based control system: Self-test functions are performed at power-up and during normal operation.
- Open Bed Performance, Radiant Heater Mode: Radiant Heater: Approx. 430 watts
- Closed Bed Performance, Incubator Mode: Temperature variability and distribution: Exceeds IEC-601-2-19 incubation standard
- Patient measurement accuracy: ±0.3°C between 30° and 42°C
- Air Velocity: <10 cm/sec Whisper Quiet™ Mode, measured 10 cm above the center of the mattress
- Sound Level: <50 dBa Whisper Quiet Mode closed bed, measured 10 cm above the center of the mattress
In-Bed Scale Performance
- Accuracy: +/- 10 g (0.35 oz)
- Range: 300 g to 8 kg (0.66 lbs to 17.6 lbs)
Servo Oxygen Control Performance
- Control Range: up to 65%
- Display Range: 0 to 99%
- Recovery Time: <10 minutes to 5% below set point after open door
- Alarms: ±3% from the set point
- Offset: ±5% average O2 to display
- Recovery time: <15 minutes (typical) Recovery to 75% RH with 39° C air set temperature
- Operating time between refills: >12 hours @ 65% RH control setting in a 25°C / 50% RH ambient
- Reservoir capacity: 1000 ml
- Accuracy: ±10%, up to 75%, greater than 75% at settings over 85%
- Temperature: 20° to 30° C
- Humidity: 10 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Air Velocity: Up to 0.3 m/sec
- Temperature: -25° to 60° C
- Humidity: 0 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
Service and Maintenance
- Battery: 9V NiMH
- Recommended Calibration/Preventative Maintenance Period: Annually
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and service