GE Datex Ohmeda 4400 Infant Warmer System
The GE Ohmeda 4400 Infant Warmer System uses a manual mode of operation that allows selection of the level of radiant heat output as indicated by the % power display on the control panel and the control circuit then maintains the selected level of radiant heat. Servo mode of operation allows selection of the patient’s control temperature and a control system modulates the radiant heat to maintain the patient at the selected control temperature. Alarms activate to alert the operator of a low or high patient temperature, a skin temperature probe failure, a power failure, equipment failure or a check patient prompt.
GE Datex Ohmeda 4400 Infant Warmer System Features
- Built-in bassinet, elevating base
- Complete integration of computerized warming functions to expand patient management capability
- Precise control of neonate thermal environment to help prevent cold stress
- Advanced microprocessor systems continuously monitor patient and machine status
- 20 Segment Output Control
- Digital Apgar Timer
- Powered Elevating Base
- Pre-Heat Mode
- Dovetail Rail Mounting System
- Large bed accommodates larger infants easily
- Bed height adjusts to comfortable working level
- Easy patient access from any location around unit Heater
- Power: 550 Watts ±5% at maximum % power setting
- Examination light Luminance: 100 (nominal) foot candles at center of mattress
GE Datex Ohmeda 4400 Infant Warmer System Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 183 to 203 cm (72 to 80 in)
- Depth: Both: 114 cm (45 in)
- Width: Both: 76 cm (30 in)
- Weight: 4400: Approx. 91 kg (200 lbs)
- Standard 3 Drawer Pkg: 25 kg (56 lbs)
- Rotating 3 Drawer Pkg: 32 kg (70 lbs)
- Standard Deep Drawer Pkg: 25 kg (56 lbs)
- Rotating Deep Drawer Pkg: 32 kg (70 lbs)
- Foot Print: Both: 75 X 114 cm (29.5 X 45 in)
- Floor Space: Both: 8572 sq cm (1327.5 sq in)
- Bed Size: Both: 61.2 X 76.5 cm (24 X 30 in)
- Bed to Floor: 98 – 118 cm (38.75 – 46.5 in)
- Bed Tilting: Both: ±10° Reverse Trendelenburg and
System Control Characteristics
- Microprocessor Based Control System: Self-test function performed at power on and continuously during normal operation
- Heater Output: 0-540 watts power adjustable from 0 to 100% in twenty 5% increments
- Patient Control (Servo) Mode: 35°C to 37.5°C in increments of 0.1°C (95°F to 99.5°F)
- Manual Mode: Indicates manual mode heat selection range from 0 to 100% in 5% increments
- Temperature Variability: Less than ±0.3°C
- Resolution: ±0.1°C
- Probe Interchangeability: ±0.1°C
- Probe Range: 30°C to 42°C (71.6°F to 107.6°F)
- Proportional heat control with zero voltage switching to minimize radiated and conducted EMI
- Observation Light: 100-foot candles at center of mattress; estimated lamp life 3000 hours
- The radiant heater provides a focused heat source using a cal-rod heating element, which directs controlled heat to the bed surface.
- The heater assembly, located above the center of the bed, consists of the radiant heater, parabolic reflector, integral observation light, and visible red alarm indicator light.
- The heater module rotates 90 degrees to the side to facilitate X-ray procedures.
- The heater automatically shuts off when in this position.
- The hydraulic tilt system provides tilt of up to +10o for positioning in Trendelenburg and reverse Trendelenburg positions.
- The four bedside panels fold down for complete access to the infant.
- The rear panel includes tubing management slots for the retention of ventilation and aerosol tubing.
- The bed incorporates an X-ray Cassette Tray.
- A grid location marking system on the side panels matches the tray for the location of the cassette.
- Bed construction is radiolucent.
- A chest drainage hanger allows for the convenient placement of chest drainage systems.