GE Corometrics 120 Series Fetal Monitor
Corometrics 120 maternal/fetal monitors help you manage the labor, delivery, and recovery process for every patient. Every 120 series monitor features the clinical excellence that has set the standard in M/F monitoring for more than 30 years. Patented Smart BP, Heart Beat Coincidence, Spectra Alerts, DINAMAP non-invasive blood pressure algorithm, and 9-crystal pulse Doppler ultrasound transducers… You can trust the data as an accurate assessment of mom and baby’s progress. Labor can be unpredictable. Be prepared with a monitor that can help you manage the entire process – even in the most difficult cases. Smart BP feature – delays auto-determination during contractions Vital Signs History feature saves maternal information in memory for quick review or print summary Recovery mode sets the recorder to standby allowing delivery to print only the vital signs and save paper Keyboard option for detailed annotations Software Utility upgrade program to install future feature enhancements Song Player serenades both mother and family to celebrate the new arrival Interface with 340 Telemetry for ambulatory monitoring and Hydrotherapy when used with the Nautilus Watertight Transducers Interface capability with the OxiFirst® Fetal Pulse Oximetry system.
GE Corometrics 120 Series Fetal Monitor Features
GE Corometrics 120 Series Fetal Monitor helps you manage the labor, delivery, and recovery process for every patient.
- Our unique Spectra Alerts™ transforms the powerful 120 Series into a “Smart” monitor, complete with alert functions. This feature analyzes the fetal heart rate (FHR) and uterine activity (UA) patterns, as well as trend characteristics of variability, baseline, decelerations, and signal quality to assist the clinicians in evaluating the fetal strip.
- Smart BP™, a patented feature that works in conjunction with DINAMAP® non-invasive blood pressure technology, automatically delays a blood pressure measurement while a contraction is in progress thus assuring more clinically significant assessment and documentation of the maternal status.
- 3-Level-Heart Beat Coincidence (HBC) alerts the care provider with both visual and recorded messages when there is a possibility that you may be recording the same heart rate with two modes of monitoring. The monitor compares up to three heart rates and provides additional information for fetal assessment.
- Fetal Pulse Oximetry (FSpO2) is an optional parameter that provides a real-time oxygen status of the fetus. In combination with other fetal parameters, FSpO2 helps in the early detection of fetal hypoxia and provides additional information in the presence of non-reassuring fetal heart rate patterns.
- Integrated Masimo SET or Nellcor Maternal SpO2 make it easy for the clinician to monitor, document or even view the waveform
- Maternal ECG SpO2 real-time 3-lead adult QRS waveform display and a snapshot printout.
- Vital Signs History at a glance. Documents 8 hours of maternal parameters in the flowchart summary format…a time-saver during recovery.
- The software upgrade, via PC or laptop computer, allows easy flash reprogramming as new features become available.
- Expandability built-in. The system architecture allows for the addition of future parameters without purchasing a new unit.
- High/Low Fetal Alarms notify clinicians if the fetal heart rate is out of the user-configurable range.
- Selectable Font Size on the recording strip allows the font size to be adjusted quickly and easily(small, medium, or large) for optimum viewing efficiency.
- Song Player serenades both mother and child to celebrate the new arrival. Three popular tunes are available with the turn of the Trim Knob®.
- Our ChartLight allows the clinician to easily read the fetal strip, while patients remain relaxed in their low light setting
GE Corometrics 120 Series Fetal Monitor Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 6.7”, 17 cm
- Width: 16.4”, 41.9 cm
- Depth: 17.3”, 43.9 cm
- Weight: 24 lbs (10.9 kg) approximate
- Technique: pulse-Doppler with autocorrelation processing
- Transducer type: 9-crystal
- Pulse reception frequency: 4 kHz single ultrasound mode, 2 kHz dual ultrasound mode
- Pulse duration: 92 µs
- Transmitter frequency: 1.151 MHz
- Intensity: <5mW/cm2
- Heart rate counting range: 50-210 BPM
- Leakage current: <10 µA at 120-240 VAC, isolated by the transducer
- Technique: peak detecting, beat-to-beat cardio tachometer
- Heart Rate Counting Range: 30-240 BPM
- Heart Rate Resolution: ±1BPM
- Artifact Elimination: switch selectable, ±25 BPM artifact rejection
- Countable Input Signal Range: 15 µV to 2mV peak-to-peak
- Offset Voltage Tolerance (differential): ±300 mVDC maximum
- Maximum Common-mode Voltage: 20V peak-to-peak
- Preamplifier Bandwidth: 1-100 Hz
- Common Mode Rejection: balanced > 120 dB at mains frequency, with patient cable, unbalanced = 5 kΩ RA or LA: > 110 dB at mains frequency
- Input Equivalent Noise: < 10µV peak-to-peak
- Input Impedance: differential > 10 MΩ, common mode > 20MΩ
- Mains Frequency Rejection: > 40 dB
- Leakage Current: < 60µA at 254 VAC, electrically isolated. Isolation, mains-to-patient: > 4 kVAC
- Leg Plate Tester Jack: simulated r-wave at 120 ± 1 BPM
For Ultrasound or FECG Modes
- Audio: alternating 1.5-second chimes (773 Hz and 523 Hz)
- Visual: flashing heart rate numeric
- Limits: user-selectable high and low fetal heart rate
- Technical: signal quality
- Tachycardia Response Time: 5 minutes at 100% limit violation
- Bradycardia Response Time: 30 seconds at 100% limit violation
- Signal Quality Response Time: 100% signal loss – 1.25 minutes, 70% signal loss – 5 minutes, 65% signal loss – 10 minutes
Fetal Pulse Oximeter Mode
- Technique: spectrophotometry and plethysmography
- Saturation Range: 10-100%
- Saturation Accuracy: reproducibility is one standard deviation = 4.7%. Nominally, 67 of the measurements across the population will be within ± standard deviation
- Wavelengths: Red: 735 µM, Nominal; Infrared: 890µM, nominal
- Response Time: user-selectable: slow and fast averaging modes
- Transmitter Frequency: 1.151 mHz
Uterine Activity Mode
- Range: 0-100 mmHg strain gauge, 0-100 relative units toco transducer
- Resolution: 1 mmHg stain gauge, 1 relative unit toco transducer
- Bandwidth: dc to 0.5 Hz strain gauge and toco transducer
- Excitation Voltage: strain gauge +4.0 VDC
Maternal BP Mode
- Technique: oscillometric. Blood pressure range: 20-255 mmHg (2.7 – 34 kPa)
- Pulse Rate Range: 40-240 BPM
- Blood Pressure Accuracy: ±5 mmHg with a standard deviation no greater than 8 mmHg
- Pulse Rate Accuracy: ±2 BPM or ± 2%, whichever is greater
- Display/Record: systolic, diastolic, and mean pressure; pulse rate
Maternal Pulse Oximeter Mode
- Saturation Range: 0-100%
- Pulse Rate Range: 30-250 BPM
- Saturation Accuracy: %SpO2 ± 1 SD: 70-100% ±2 digits, 50-69% ± 3 digits. 0-49% unspecified
- Pulse Rate Accuracy: ±3BPM
- Leads: II, III, and I
- Heart Rate Counting Range: 30-240 BPM
- Heart Rate Resolution: ± BPM
- Heart Rate Averaging: 1 sec
- Maximum Common-mode Voltage: 20 Vp-p
- Preamplifier Bandwidth: 0.6 to 40 Hz
- Common Mode Rejection: balanced > 80 dB at mains frequency, with patient cable; unbalanced 5 k RA or LA > 50 dB at mains frequency
- Input Impedance: differential > 2.5 MΩ; common mode > 10 MΩ
- Mains Frequency rejection: >40 dB
- Leakage Current: < 60 µA at 254 VAC, with cable, electrically isolated
- Audio: alternating 1.5 seconds chimes
- Visual: flashing heart rate numeric or message
- Limits: user-selectable high and low maternal heart rate
- Technical: leads off
- Line Voltage: 100/120/220/230/240 VAC
- Line Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 100W/0.4 A maximum