Drager Fabius OS Anesthesia Machine
The Dräger Fabius OS is a highly accurate, third-generation E-vent piston ventilator. The Fabius OS does not require drive gas to operate. The universal design of the electronically controlled, electrically driven piston ventilator enables clinicians to effectively ventilate a wide range of patients at different acuity levels from neonates to adults. This Fabius OS is optimized for safe and accurate delivery of low-flow anesthesia due to its precision piston ventilator, fresh gas decoupling valve, and actively heated breathing system, which is designed to eliminate rainout.
Drager Fabius OS Anesthesia Machine Features
The Drager Fabius OS Anesthesia Machine is a highly accurate, third-generation E-vent piston ventilator. The Fabius OS does not require drive gas to operate.
- Familiar operation and layout ensures ease of use and a short learning curve.
- RS 232 enables communication with automated record keeping systems for enhanced patient throughput.
- Convenient compact breathing system (COSY).
- Ventilates any patient – even as your needs change to accommodate sicker patients with more complex procedures.
- Consumes no drive gas, allowing dramatically increased ventilation time and reduced cost.
Drager Fabius OS Anesthesia Machine Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 52″ (132 cm)
- Width: 40.7″ (103.5 cm)
- Depth: 33″ (84 cm)
- (with Cosy and 3-Vaporizer Mount)
- Weight: 296 lbs (134.2 kg)
- (base unit without vaporizers or cylinders)
- 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.3 A max. (non-configurable).
- Up to 120 minutes, minimum 45 minutes. (With fully charged batteries.)
- Electronically controlled, electrically driven
Operating Modes Standard
- Volume Controlled Ventilation, Manual Ventilation, Spontaneous Breathing
Operating Modes Options
- Pressure Controlled Ventilation, Pressure Support
- 4 to 60 1/min
Max. Minute volume (MV)
- 0 to 99.9 L/min
Positive end-expiratory pressure
- 0 – 20 cmH2O (PEEP)
Inspiration / Expiration ratio
- 4 : 1 to 1 : 4 (TI:TE)
- 15 – 70 cmH2O (PMAX)
Tidal Volume (VT)
- 20 – 1400 mL in Volume Control
Inspiratory pause (TIP:TI)
- 0 – 50 %
Inspiratory pressure (PINSP)
- PEEP + 5 to 65 cmH2O
Inspiratory flow (InspFlow) 1
- 0 – 75 L/min in Volume and Pressure Control
- 10 – 85 L/min in Pressure Support
Pressure Support Level (Δ PPS)
- PEEP + 3 to 20 cmH2O
Min. Frequency for apnea-ventilation
- 3 – 20 1/min and “ OFF ” (Freq. Min)
- 2 – 15 L/min
Integrated Safety Functions
- Sensitive Oxygen Ratio Controller (S-ORC) guarantees a minimum O2 concentration of 23% in an O2/N2O mixture.
- N2O cut-off if O2 fresh gas valve is closed or if O2 flow is less than 0.2 L/min.
- Audible and visual (flashing red LED) indication in case O2 pressure drops below 20 psi (1.4 bar) ± 4 psi (0.3 bar).
- In case of electricity and battery failure, manual ventilation, gas delivery and agent delivery are possible.
- Positive pressure relief valve opens at 75 ± 5 cmH2O.
- Negative pressure relief valve opens at – 7.5 to – 9 cmH2O.
Range of fresh gas flow indicators
- 0.00 to 12.0 L/min
Total fresh gas flow meter
- 0 to 10 L/min, calibrated with a mixture of 50 % O2 and 50 % N20 mixture
- At 55 psi (3.8 kPa x 100): max. 50 L/min
- At 50 psi (3.4 kPa x 100): max. 35 L/min
- Auto Exclusion Dräger mount
- 6.5” (16.5cm) black/amber
- Continuous monitoring of inspiratory O2 concentration, breathing frequency, tidal volume, minute volume, mean or plateau pressure, peak airway pressure as well as PEEP.
- In addition, all fresh gas flow information is displayed as virtual flow tubes.
- 1 x RS 232 (Standard)
- Vitalink and MidiBus
Data available for export
- All fresh gas flow, ventilation, and O2 data, flow, and pressure real-time waveform
The volume of CO2 absorber
- 1.5 Liter, Option: Dräger Medical’s prefilled CLIC absorber (1.2 l)
- O2, N2O & Air
- O2, N2O, Air, pin index yokes
- Gas scavenging, patient suction, power outlet strip, additional O2 flow tube
The volume of the entire compact breathing system
- 1.7 Liter + bag