Drager Babytherm 8004/8010 Infant Warmer
Dräger’s latest generation of Babytherm infant warming systems sets new standards in open care, supporting premature and full-term neonates with a unique thermal environment while giving you the ease of access so you can provide the best possible care.
The Drager Babytherm is an infant warmer that is used for premature and full-term neonates. The Babytherm, from Drager, was built to evenly distribute radiant heat to the patient’s bed. This provides a safe and comfortable thermal environment to keep the baby safe. This Drager infant warmer creates a thermo-neutral environment that keeps the patient from getting too hot or too cold. The Babytherm 8004 features gold reflectors and ceramic heaters that help produce and even heat distribution around the patient’s bed. Even the mattress helps keep the patient warm with integrated heat conductive gel.
Drager Babytherm 8004-8010 Infant Warmer Features
The Drager Babytherm 8004/8010 Infant Warmer is an infant warmer that is used for premature and full-term neonates.
- Optimal Thermoregulation
- Babytherm delivers an optimal thermo-neutral environment for the neonate, safe from cold or heat stress. Ceramic heater elements and golden reflectors provide even heat distribution over the entire bed area – so the baby will feel comfortably warm wherever placed on the bed. A fully integrated, heated conductive gel mattress keeps the baby warm at all times. You can measure the baby’s central and peripheral (toe) temperature gives you an early warning of thermal instability or possible cold stress, and observe the measured values on the integrated digital display.
- Ease of Use
- Our efforts to provide the best possible ergonomics are reflected in a number of practical features. The control panel is positioned directly beneath the radiant warmer, so you can easily adjust the settings. You can easily read all the essential information on the large, bright digital display from any position around the bed. A bright red central warning light at the end of the radiant warmer will alert you to an alarm condition, even if you are working with another baby or in a different part of the room. A clear text message then provides all the details you require. The height of the unit can be adjusted to suit your height, swivel cabinets provide storage space for accessories, and all moving parts and control functions are easy to handle.
- Intelligent Accessibility
- The smartSWIVEL® mechanism automatically focuses radiant warmth on the baby, even if the radiant heater is moved to one side to give the caregiver free working space. As a result, you don’t need to worry about the baby-cooling down or suffering cold stress during X-rays or other procedures because you can be sure of even heat distribution at all times.
- Developmental Care
- To support developmental care, Babytherm’s smartSWIVEL mechanism allows the family to get close to the baby without compromising the warming of the infant. Long dual-temperature sensor cables facilitate Kangaroo Care. The examination lamp has settings for day and night, and two brightness levels provide just the right lighting anytime. In addition to a central alarm light, you can set up an alarm that emails a ramping, low-pitch melody away from the bed.
- System Synergy
- Babytherm can work together with intelligently designed architectural systems, bedside monitoring, and gentle neonatal ventilation. This integrated work environment is ergonomically smart, intuitively simple, and perfectly accessible for improved communication, time savings, and decreased risk of errors across the NICU and beyond.
- Adjustable Height
- Optional; Cabinet Storage Underneath
- Large Bright Display
- Heater focus’s on patients even when it’s moved to the side for procedures.
- Ceramic Heater with Gold Reflectors
Drager Babytherm 8004/8010 Infant Warmer Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 74.4” to 87” (189.6 to 221 cm)
- Width: 29.5” (75 cm)
- Length: 12.4” (31.5 cm)
- Weight: 293.2 lbs (133 kg)
- Heat level 3: 10 mW/cm2
- Heat level 10: 30 mW/cm2
- Work light: 30 W
- Night light: 9W
- Skin Temperature Measurements
- Sensor: Drager sensors
- Measuring Range: 59°F to 107.6°F (15°C to 42°C)
- Accuracy: ± 0.1°C
- Setting Range: 94°F to 99.5°F (35°C to 37.5°C)
Mattress Heater (Babytherm 8010 only)
- Temperature Measurement: 41°F to 113°F (5°C to 45°C)
- Measuring range/display range accuracy: ± 0.5°C between 20 and 42°C
- Setting Rage: 86°F to 101.3°F (30°C to 38.5°C)
- Halogen: 12V / 50W
- Opening Angle: 24°
- Radiation intensity at a distance of 80 cm: 9.5 W/m2
- Useful Area: 15.” x 7.8” (40 x 20 cm)