Drager Apollo Anesthesia Machine
Apollo® optimizes the anesthesia workflow and reduces process costs with features such as the fully automatic self-test. Since no user interaction is required, users are free to get on with other jobs. In addition to providing invaluable assistance through best-in-class therapy, Apollo® also offers an open-platform architecture – enabling it to be easily integrated into the overall workflow.
Drager Apollo Anesthesia Machine Features
The Drager Apollo Anesthesia Machine optimizes the anesthesia workflow and reduces process costs with features such as the fully automatic self-test. Since no user interaction is required, users are free to get on with other jobs. In addition to providing invaluable assistance through best-in-class therapy, Apollo® also offers an open-platform architecture – enabling it to be easily integrated into the overall workflow.
The simple straightforward startup makes it easier for the staff and provides complete information on device status.
- User-friendly ergonomics.
- All functional elements are within easy reach of being seated or standing.
- Unique breathing bag arm design provides the ultimate flexibility.
- Integrated breathing system eliminates external hoses and clutter, reducing the risk of misconnection and disconnection.
- The simple straightforward startup makes it easier for the staff and provides complete information on device status.
- Fully automatic self-test lasts approximately three minutes, reflects the results to the user, and makes results available at any time.
- Advanced ventilation.
- E-Vent plus servo-controlled high-speed piston ventilator works with great precision to supply a maximum peak flow far in excess of any bellows ventilator, resulting in the kind of performance previously only seen in the ICU.
- The consistent use of low-flow anesthesia techniques can significantly reduce the cost of inhalational anesthetic agents. Reducing the fresh gas flow from 3L/min to 1L/min can result in anesthetic agent savings of up to 50%.
- Integrated Auxiliary O2 and pressure gauge where you need them.
Drager Apollo Anesthesia Machine Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 59 in (150 cm)
- Width: 33.5 in (85 cm)
- Depth: 31.5 in (80 cm)
- Weight: 365 lbs (165 kg) (Without vaporizer and gas cylinders)
- Power: 200 W
- Operating Voltage: 100 to 127 VAC (- 15 % + 10 %) 45 – 65 Hz
- Integrated Power Backup: At least 30 min, typically 90 min; Depending on ventilation parameters
Anesthesia Gas Supply Module
- Fresh Gas Flow, Delivery: 0 to min. 12 L/min per gas (O2, N2O, Air)
- O2 Flush: > 35 L/min
- External Fresh Gas Outlet: Optional
- Vaporizer: Drager AutoExclusion, 2 vap., Drager AutoExclusion, 3 vap., Dräger Interlock, 2 vap., Selectatec, 2 vap
Ventilator Operating Specifications
- Ventilator E-Vent plus: Electrically operated and electronically controlled
- Operating modes:
- Manual, Spontaneous
- Volume Mode (IPPV)
- Pressure Mode (PCV)
- OPTIONAL: Pressure Support (PS)
- OPTIONAL: Volume Auto Flow
- Synchronized volume-controlled ventilation (SIMV), optionally with PS
- Synchronized pressure-controlled ventilation (SIMV), optionally with PS
- Synchronized volume-guaranteed ventilation volume AF, optionally with PS
Control Input Changes
- Pressure Limitation PMAX (in volume mode): (PEEP+10) up to 70 cmH2O
- Pressure Limitation PINSP (in pressure mode): (PEEP+5) up to 70 cmH2O
- PEEP in Volume Mode: 0 – 20 cmH2O (max. PMAX-10 cmH2O)
- PEEP in Pressure Mode: 0 – 20 cmH2O (max. PINSP-5 cmH2O)
- Tidal Volume (in volume mode): 20 – 1400 mL 5 – 1400 mL (with advanced ventilation option)
- Tidal Volume (in pressure mode): 5 – 1400 mL (deliverable with advanced ventilation option)
- Trigger: Off, 0.3 – 15 L/min
- Breathing Frequency: 3 – 100 per minute
- Minimum Frequency: for apnea ventilation in PS mode Off, 3 – 20 per minute (with advanced ventilation option)
- Breathing Time Ratio (I: E): max. 5:1
- Inspiratory Time (TINSP): 0.2 – 6.7 s
- Inspiratory Pause (TIP:TINSP): 0 – 60 %
- Inspiratory Flow: max. 150 L/min
- Inspiratory Ramp TSLOPE: 0.0 – 2 s (in pressure mode, pressure support, and volume AF mode)
- System Leak Tightness: < 150 ml/min at 30 cmH2O (automatic leakage test)
- Integrated Safety Functions: Sensitive ORC function: minimum oxygen supply of 21 vol.% O2 or 200 ml/min in mixtures with nitrous oxide (N2O)
- Monitoring: Minute volume (MV) and tidal volume (VT); breathing frequency, peak pressure, plateau pressure, mean airway pressure, PEEP; patient compliance CPAT.
- The following measurement variables/parameters can be displayed as a graph: airway pressure, inspiratory and expiratory flow; bar graph for expiratory minute volume and tidal volume; display of graphic trends; numerical list of measurement values; auto-set for alarm limits.
- Monitoring: Inspiratory and expiratory concentration of O2, N2O, CO2, and volatile anesthetics (Halothane, Enflurane, Isoflurane, Sevoflurane, Desflurane); the following measurement variables/parameters can be displayed as a graph: concentration of CO2, O2, and volatile anesthetic agents, virtual flow tubes for fresh gas flow.
- Control Screen: 12.1 in. full-color TFT display
- Heated Breathing System: Yes
- Filling Volume Absorber: 1.5 L with reusable absorber canister; 1.3 L with CLIC Absorber 800+; 1.2 L CLIC Absorber Drägersorb Free
Gas Supply Connection
- Gas Supply: O2, N2O, Air
- Cylinder Supply: O2, N2O, Air
- Communication Interface: 2 x RS 232
- Protocol: Medibus, Medibus X
- Data Available for Export: All alarms, pressures, O2, CO2, volume and fresh gas flow data, ventilation settings, flow and pressure curve, anesthesia gases
- Writing Surfaces: Writing plate
- Additional OPTIONAL Accessories: Anesthetic gas scavenging system (AGSS), endotracheal suction unit