Drager Air-Shields Isolette TI500 Infant Incubator
The Drager Isolette TI500 incubator is a self-contained, mobile, intensive care unit. Consistent air temperature is essential to the health of a premature infant. the TI500 incubator features a double-wall design that reduces radiant heat loss from the infant during transport between departments or between hospitals. Humidity is extremely important, especially for babies less than 26 weeks in gestational age. An integral humidity pad helps minimize the infant’s evaporative heat loss by providing 50 to 70 percent humidity in the patient-hood for up to 12 hours. The controller features a display that is easy to read at any angle during transport.
Drager Air-Shields Isolette TI500 Infant Incubator Features
- Double wall
- Skin temperature probe
- O2 inlet
- Examination lamp
- 2 access doors
- 2 disposable infant restraint straps
- 1 Iris port
- 2 Quiet Touch (QT) port doors
- 6 tubing ports
- Locking power control receptacles
- DC cable
- 2D or 2E size tank mount
- The Isolette TI500 Transport Incubator from Dräger Medical is a self-contained, mobile, intensive care unit.
- THERMAL PERFORMANCE
- Consistent air temperature is essential to the health of a premature infant. The Isolette TI500 Transport Incubator has a double-wall design which reduces radiant heat loss from the infant during transport between departments or between hospitals.
- INTERGRAL HUMIDITY
- Humidity is extremely important, especially for babies less than 26 weeks in gestational age. An integral humidity pad helps minimize the infant’s evaporative heat loss by providing 50 to 70 percent humidity in the patient hood for up to 12 hours.
- COMMAND & CONTROL
- The controller features a display that is easy to read at any angle during transport. Displays for air and skin temperature help you maintain control and provide essential information about the infant’s thermal support. Visual indicators for battery power status, power source, and system alarm status are designed to keep the caregiver in command.
- FLEXIBLE POWER SOURCE
- Regardless of whether it is an air or ground transport, power is the last thing you should worry about. The Isolette TI500 Transport Incubator from Dräger Medical operates on AC or DC power, using AC when available or switching to its internal battery when necessary. For extended length transports, the system can be configured with a second internal battery. And of course, the Isolette TI500 Transport Incubator also operates on the external DC power found onboard emergency transport vehicles.
- ACCESS MADE EASY
- Access to the infant is quick and easy through the front access door, the head door, or through the Quiet Touch™ port access doors. The head door folds down and the mattress retracts out from the hood to provide access for emergency procedures. An iris port and six tubing ports offer ventilator tubing support and entry possibilities for sensors while keeping the temperature stable.
- HOOD OPTIONS
- You can choose either a standard hood or a high hood. While both have a low profile, the high hood offers two more inches of clearance through a larger front access door.
- INTEGRATED EXAM LIGHT
- An integrated exam light provides evenly distributed illumination to the mattress, assisting you with accurate patient assessment during transport.
Drager Air-Shields Isolette TI500 Infant Incubator Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 20 in (50.8 cm)
- Width: 20.8 in (52.7 cm)
- Length: 37.8 in (95.9 cm)
- Weight(1): 108.5 lbs (49.2 kg)
- Distance From Vertical Hood to Mattress: Low Hood 8.25 in (21 cm)
- O2 Concentration Range: 21% to 58% minimum
- Humidity Pad(2)
- Humidity Capacity: 50% to 70%
- Noise Level(3): <60 dBA
- Temperature Set Range: 22.0 °C – 38 °C (71 °F – 100 °F)
- Temperature Rise Time: 30 minutes
- Temperature Variability: ≤1.0 °C
- Temperature Overshoot: ≤2.0 °C
- Temperature Uniformity: ≤1.0 °C
- Correlation of Display Temperature to Set Point at Temperature Equilibrium: ≤ 2.0 °C in l0-20 °C ambients ≤1.5 °C in 20-30 °C ambients
- Humidity Pad: Holds 400 ml. (14 oz) sterile distilled water with no significant spillage for up to 45° tilt in either direction.
- Air Filter: Removes >99% of airborne particles greater than 0.5-micron diameter
- Relative Humidity: 50 to 70% for 10-12 hours using humidity pad
- Check Calibration Key: 36.0 ° ± 0.l °C
- On/Standby: Illuminates when “On”
- Battery Condition Status: 4 LED indication of battery charge condition 25-100%
- Power Mode: Illuminates AC, DC, or external DC
- Heater Power: 4 LED indication of heater power; 25-100%
- Baby Temperature °C: Displays infant temperature
- Air Temperature °C: Displays incubator air temperature
- Set Temperature: Illuminates when changing set temperature
- Alarm Indicators: High temp, Power fail, Sensor fault, Heater temp, Airflow, Low DC
- Incubator: 1 battery standard (2nd optional)
- Type: Vented rechargeable, 12 Vdc, 24 AH gel-type battery (lead-acid)
- Battery rating: Incubator maintains a differential of 25 °C (77 °F) between ambient and set point for 90 minutes on 1 battery or 180 min.on 2 batteries at full heater power
- Life expectancy: 200 complete charge/discharge cycles minimum
- Charge time: 10 hours per battery from full discharge
- High Temperature: Actuates if incubator air temp. >39 ± 0.5 °C
- Sensor (Temperature): Actuates if a sensor fails
- Heater Temperature: Actuates if heater temp >77 °C (l70 °F)
- Power Fail: Actuates if AC fails and no DC power present, and activates if the unit switches from AC to DC current
- Airflow: Actuates for fan failure
- Low DC: Actuates if DC<10.5 Vdc, or external 28 Vdc falls below 25.5 Vdc nominal
- Silence/Reset: Silences the audible portion of alarms for 5 minutes, except Power fail. Resets Sensor & High Temp alarms after 100% conditions corrected. Resets intermittent power alert if the unit switches from AC to DC current
- Storage Temperature: -40 °C to 70 °C ambient
- Operating Range: Sea level to 3 km (10,000 ft.) non-pressurized environment. Sea level to 12km (40,000 ft.)-pressurized environment
- Operating Range: 0% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- AC Power Requirements: 110/120 V, 50/60/400 Hz – 220/240 V, 50/60/400 Hz
- DC Power Requirements: 11-13 V, 200 W (max) – 26-30 V, 200 W (max)
- Observation Lamp: 35 footcandles – 4 inches above mattress 376 lux – 10 cm above the mattress
- (1) Weight includes one battery
- (2) Humidity pad prevents spills
- (3) In ambients of 50 dBA or less
- (4) TI500 will maintain a differential of 25 °C (77 °F) between ambient and Setpoint for 90 minutes (one battery) or 3 hours (two batteries). At differentials <25 °C (<77 °F), the TI500 maintains temperatures for longer periods