Conmed 1000 SES Smoke Evacuator
Conmed's new surgical smoke evacuation system is intended to remove smoke, aerosols and noxious odors produced during electrosurgical procedures.
The ConMed 1000SES has been designed with a high suction, high flow rate centrifugal action pump. The ultra-quiet motor is used to draw the surgical smoke from the surgical site, through the vacuum tubing and into the 1000 SES filter where the surgical smoke is processed by a series of filters. A single disposable filter is used to simplify the installation and removal during filter changes. The filter is completely enclosed to protect the healthcare personnel from potential contamination during filter changes.
Conmed 1000 SES Smoke Evacuator Features
The Conmed 1000 SES Smoke Evacuator surgical smoke evacuation system is intended to remove smoke, aerosols and noxious odors produced during electrosurgical procedures.
- General Mode – Traditionally used in open procedures
- Fluids Mode – Quick start-up in fluid environments, such as urology or arthroscopy
- Laparoscopic Mode – Limits output voltage to minimize potential harmful effects of capacitive coupling and insulation breakdown
- Pulse Cut – Useful when precise cutting effect is needed around delicate structures
- Pulse Coag – Provides superficial hemostasis via pulsing bursts of coagulation energy
- Bipolar Output Meter – Provides feedback on desiccation levels via audible and visual indicators
- ARM (Automatic Return Monitoring) – Provides advanced warning of compromised patient to dispersive electrode contact
One 1000 SES Filter contains four different filter stages to decontaminate the smoke plume:
- The first stage filtration is a prefilter whose function is to trap and remove gross particulate and casual fluid.
- The second stage filtration is a VLSI (Very Large Scale Integrated) grade ULPA (Ultra Low Penetration Air) filter whose high-tech patented design captures particulates and micro-organisms down to 0.012 µm at an efficiency of 99.99995%. Each VLSI grade ULPA filter is pre-tested and certified before use.
- The third stage filtration uses the highest grade virgin coal grade activated carbon for the removal and absorption of odors and toxic gases produced by cauterization of tissue. These harmful gases may constitute a health hazard to healthcare professionals who are subjected to prolonged exposure. The activated carbon used in the 1000 SES preferentially removes toxic organic gases rather than water vapor and provides optimal odor removal.
- The fourth stage filtration is an expanded foam and paper media used to trap activated carbon fines from migrating out of the filter. The first, second, and fourth stages of the 1000 SES filter have been impregnated with a chemical agent. The chemical agent has been applied with a patented process that prevents the agent from being washed or blown off the filter media.
The electronic controls on the face panel of the 1000 SES System have been designed to be user-friendly and to facilitate
set up and operation.
Weight: 25.5 lbs (11.6 kg).