Bovie IDS 300 Electrosurgical Unit
Intelligent Digital System
IDS technology gives the surgeon the flexibility to consistently choose the type of effect desired with maximum convenience and safety.
The Bovie® IDS Series are innovative electrosurgical generators with fully digital implementation for use in today’s modern OR and surgical outpatient center. The Bovie-IDS units are easy-to-handle yet capable of covering a whole spectrum of electrosurgical interventions. Monopolar and bipolar functions satisfy all surgical demands with maximum safety and a user-friendly interface. Bovie’s digital technology makes controlling the IDS Systems very simple for the OR team, allowing the surgeon to concentrate on what’s important – the operation and the patient.
Bovie IDS 300 Electrosurgical Unit Features
The Bovie IDS 300 Electrosurgical Unit is an innovative electrosurgical generator with fully digital implementation for use in today’s modern OR and surgical outpatient center.
- Safety is digitally designed inside.
- BovieFDFS™ (Fast Digital Feedback System)
- BovieNEM™ (Neutral Electrode Monitoring)
- BovieFCFS™ (First Come First Served)
- BovieDED™ (Digital Error Detection)
- IDS technology meets the requirements of a variety of medical specialties, procedures, and indications in the modern OR.
- The digitally controlled CUT and COAG functions give a consistent clinical output.
For the first time in electrosurgery, through digital technology, we are able to measure tissue impedance in real time (5000 times a second). As the impedance varies, the power is adjusted to deliver a consistent clinical effect.
- Improved patient safety with the latest digital implementation.
- Discrete output design allows only one output device to be activated at any given time.
- Safety for the surgeon, OR staff, and patient. At the sign of any problem, the unit instantly disables the output, sounds an alarm and displays the appropriate error code.
CUT MODES – The two cut modes give the surgeon flexibility to cut all types of tissue without losing performance.
- Cut I generates constant output power over a wide range of impedance.
- Cut II is a softer cut that generates constant output power over a small range of impedance.
Blend with 10 settings – The Blend mode is a combination of cutting and hemostasis.
- The Bovie IDS-300 Generator gives the surgeon freedom to adjust the desired level of hemostasis.
- A setting of 1 is minimal blend with maximum cutting effect.
- A setting of 10 is maximum hemostasis (blend) with minimal cutting effect.
- This adjustment is easily achieved by a incremental adjustment.
- The Blend mode improves the rate of targeted tissue desiccation without increasing the power delivered by the generator.
Two levels of coagulation
- Pinpoint provides precise control of bleeding in localized areas.
- Spray provides greater control of bleeding in highly vascular tissue over broad surface areas.
Bovie IDS 300 Electrosurgical Unit Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Width: 31.1 cm (12.25 in)
- Height: 15.3 cm (6.00 in)
- Depth: 41.3 cm (16.25 in)
- Weight: < 8.75 kg. (< 19 lbs.)
- Cut: 300W @ 300Ω
- Cut II: 300W @ 300Ω
- Blend: 200W @ 300Ω
- Pinpoint: 120W @ 500Ω
- Spray: 80W @ 500Ω
- Bipolar: 80W @ 150Ω
- Duty Cycle: 10 S / 30 S
- Output Type: RF Isolated “F”
- Output Frequency: 490 kHZ ±5
- Input Current: 4.5 A ~
- Line Voltage: 100-240 V ~