Baxter Sigma Spectrum Infusion Pump
The Baxter Sigma Spectrum infusion pump was designed with features to help reduce errors when programming an IV infusion. Soma Technology gives you the option to choose this smart infusion pump with software version 6.05 or 6.02. At the initial start, this infusion system automatically defaults to using the drug safety library. This drug safety library is one of the leading safety features on the Sigma Spectrum. It is small, lightweight, and easy-to-use especially with its bright easy-to-read display. The Baxter Sigma Spectrum offers wireless connectivity to integrate data into hospitals current EMR system and facilitate the transfer of data to and from the system for updating drug libraries as well as for continuous quality improvement reports.
The Baxter Sigma Spectrum is an infusion pump with a master drug library. It is intended to be used for the controlled administration of fluids. The intended routes of administration consist of intravenous, arterial, subcutaneous, epidural, or irrigation of fluid space. The Sigma Spectrum is suitable for a variety of patient care environments such as hospitals and outpatient care areas. This infusion pump is intended to reduce operator interaction through guided programming, which helps reduce errors.
Baxter Sigma Spectrum Infusion Pump Features
Multiple Prevention Systems
- Configurable dose error reduction software
- Single step titration limit
- Check flow at the start of infusion
- Secondary container infusion check
Comprehensive log software to create CQI reports Rapid, Intuitive Work-flow
- Easy to set-up and program safely
- Bright, easy to read color display
- Use of Baxter’s standard IV administration sets
- Quick drug find library search
- Utilizes Baxter’s standard IV administration sets to help reduce set up time and waste
- Facilitates easy training of staff