Arthroscopic Leg Holder
The ARTHROSCOPIC LEG HOLDER is an operating room table accessory used in arthroscopic surgery. A Rail Socket XL (sold separately) is required to attach the arthroscopic leg holder to the operating room table. Extremely versatile, easy-to-use and completely rigid. Spring-loaded braces slide into place and snap-lock.
Arthroscopic Leg Holder Features
- Clamshell design with VELCRO® brand fastener that wraps completely over leg-holder
- Pressure relief foam pad included
- 5/8″ mounting post
- Schure Socket XL sold separately
Arthroscopic Leg Holder Specifications
Dimensions and Weight
- Length: 4 3/4” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 5” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 2 1/4” +/- 0.5”
- Device Weight: 2.0 +/- 0.5 lbs
- This product is not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- This device supports a 500 lb proportional patient load (6’4″ tall patient per 99% human body model)
- The product warranty covers the product from manufacturing defects for a period of 2 years
- If damaged in shipping, please call Customer Service at (781) 236-4144 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues also contact Customer Service.
- This product is maintenance-free, check the condition of the product each time before using it
- Life of device is 5 years under normal use
- Storage of the device shall be between –4 °F to +86 °F
The intended use is to hold the leg and immobilize the thigh during surgery.
Instructions for Use
It is recommended that with this patient positioning device you should become familiar with its features operation. You should always practice its use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using it clinically.
Attaching Arthroscopic Leg Holder to the Table
- Place 5/8” mounting post into Schure Socket XL P/N 800-0134 (sold separately) on either side of the table. Turn the handle clockwise to tighten.
- To adjust braces undo Velcro straps. Pull spring-loaded pins up and slide braces along the support bar to the desired position. Release spring-loaded pins and braces will lock into place.
- Open braces with the pad directly over the support bar. Place the patient’s leg on the pad, slide braces right or left for perfect positioning. Slip Velcro strap through the loop and pull back, close the leg holder.
- General – Used products or parts may be contaminated. To prevent potential infection please clean and disinfect the product prior to disposal
- Packaging – Packaging material can be disposed of via household waste in accordance with national requirement
- Products – Product can also be disposed of in accordance with national requirement
Product Use Warnings
WARNING! The maximum load placed on the product may not exceed the appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 500 lbs. Restrictions resulting from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with low maximum load capacity. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
WARNING! Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
Always follow the current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines to make sure the proper cleaning and disinfection procedure is followed.
WARNING! Always follow the standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use the recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean the accessory.
Thoroughly read and follow the manufacturer’s directions for all cleaning fluids. DO NOT use cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from the accessory with disposable materials. Follow the appropriate biohazard waste disposal procedures.
- Remove the accessory and place it on a flat surface for cleaning.
- Use a ready-to-use detergent diluted as required by the manufacturer.
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to the top, sides, and bottom.
- Wipe with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Wipe until all the moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from the accessory.
- Allow the accessory to dry.